[ANN] Announcing Lift 3.2.0-M1

Matt Farmer

Jul 22, 2017, 12:49:44 PM7/22/17
to Lift
Hey all!

I'm pleased to announce that Lift 3.2.0-M1 has been released!

Here are the changes as represented in the official release notes. Let us know if you run into any problems!

  • (#1874Support for HTTP patch method in RestHelper. This PR adds support for a Patchverb when using RestHelper to build APIs. Examples on how to use this can be found in the Scaladocs for new matcher. Also, as you would expect, there are XmlPatch and JsonPatchvariants as there are with GetPost, etc.
  • (#1865Ensure the server/port combo of the original request is preserved. This resolves bug #1794, wherein our snapshotting of the underlying request object during some async operations was incomplete. This periodically caused misbehavior that broke the ability to retrieve the host and path of the request being handled by the async operations.
  • (#1871Bumped our logback version. This shouldn't affect applications using Lift directly, since we treat the logback dependency as something the application using Lift will provide. However, we do recommend that, if you haven't, you also upgrade to 1.2.3 or higher to resolve a security issue.

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Jul 22, 2017, 3:42:33 PM7/22/17
to Lift
Nice, thanks for the release notes and to Diego, Peter, and Matt for getting through
the version cut struggles to get this out :)
Antonio