Mongo-java-driver 3.X support

ja...@foursquare.com

Nov 1, 2016, 6:40:22 PM11/1/16
to Lift
Hello!

I work on the infrastructure team at Foursquare. We are finishing up the process of moving our codebase to version 3.3 of the mongo-java-driver, and as part of that change I ended up patching our internal fork of the lift framework to support that version, as the existing releases of the framework only contain support for the 2.X driver.

Is there any interest in upstreaming this change? The code changes involved are actually pretty minimal, primarily just removal of some deprecated methods that are no longer usable under the new driver. It's possible you all may have additional functionality you'd like to see or new deprecations that should be added, but at the very least this maintains compatibility with the current generation of mongo. We are currently running this patch in production at Foursquare and it has been quite stable so far.

Cheers,
Jacob

Tim Nelson

Nov 2, 2016, 6:30:28 AM11/2/16
to Lift
Hi Jacob,

Once Lift 3.0 is released we can upgrade the mongo-java-driver for 3.1.

I'll probably just handle the update as it should be minimal, as you said.

Thanks,
Tim

ja...@foursquare.com

Nov 2, 2016, 11:01:19 AM11/2/16
to Lift
Hi Tim,

That sounds great, I am happy to hear you're already thinking about this. Let me know if there is anything further you'd like from me in the meantime.

Cheers,
Jacob