lift-squerylauth module announcement

Juan Jose Olivera

Mar 19, 2015, 10:26:32 AM3/19/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am happy to announce squeryl-auth-module module available at https://github.com/gensosrl/squeryl-auth-module. The module provides ability to authenticate and authorize users stored in relational databases using squeryl(tested and used with Postgresql, Mysql and h2) .

It is based on lif-mongoauth and lift-mapper-auth.

  Features:
1. Any  class extending squerylauth.ProtoUser can be used.
2. Roles and permissions support.
3. Simple default implementation.
4. LocParams for access control.

Currently the module is not published in any maven repo, but I hope to put it to Sonatype soon, also it is available only for Lift 2.6 and Lift 3, the next release will include 2.5.2.

There is also a g8 template at https://github.com/gensosrl/lift-squeryl.g8

Best regards
--
Juan Jose Olivera Rodriguez
Genso Iniciativas Web

Torsten Uhlmann

Mar 19, 2015, 10:35:12 AM3/19/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Awesome,

thanks for your contributions, Juan!

Code: http://github.com/lift

---

AGYNAMIX(R). Passionate Software.
Inh. Torsten Uhlmann | Buchenweg 5 | 09380 Thalheim
Phone:     +49 3721 273445
Fax:         +49 3721 273446
Mobile:     +49 151 12412427
Web:        http://www.agynamix.de

Diego Medina

Mar 19, 2015, 11:27:27 AM3/19/15
to Lift

This is awesome Juan! Let me know if you need help publishing to sonatype.

Diego
Sent from my cell

Juan Jose Olivera

Mar 19, 2015, 11:29:24 AM3/19/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Torsten, Diego

This is awesome Juan! Let me know if you need help publishing to sonatype.

Yes :), I will need help(I wasnt able to create an account xD)

Diego Medina

Mar 19, 2015, 11:34:14 AM3/19/15
to Lift

Not sure which guide you used but here are the first steps
http://central.sonatype.org/pages/ossrh-guide.html

And then the SBT part
http://www.scala-sbt.org/0.13/docs/Using-Sonatype.html

Diego
Sent from my cell

Juan Jose Olivera

Mar 19, 2015, 11:36:11 AM3/19/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Cool, thank you(wasnt using a guide, just navigating sonatype website)

Richard Dallaway

Mar 19, 2015, 11:36:47 AM3/19/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com, lif...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic! Thank you.

Juan Jose Olivera

Mar 19, 2015, 11:59:55 AM3/19/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Diego I am not sure what to put as groupid(as I am not part of the commiters), should I change the project to have another groupid?(currently is using net.lliftmodules)

Best regards

Diego Medina

Mar 19, 2015, 1:55:56 PM3/19/15
to Lift
Juan: You can still use that goupid, even if you are not a committer, but first you need to add a comment here

https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/OSSRH-3212?jql=text%20~%20%22net.liftmodules%22

asking for permission, then someone from sonatype will grant you access and then you can use it on your module.

P.S. we moved to lift.modules so we could take contributions like yours to the modules, without the restriction of having to be a committer.

Thanks

Diego

Diego Medina
Lift/Scala consultant
di...@fmpwizard.com
http://fmpwizard.telegr.am

Juan Jose Olivera

Mar 19, 2015, 3:37:35 PM3/19/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Juan: You can still use that goupid, even if you are not a committer, but first you need to add a comment here
Cool, thank yu, didnt know that that was valid for new modules too

Tim Nelson

Mar 19, 2015, 4:57:58 PM3/19/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Looks good Juan.

David Whittaker

Mar 19, 2015, 9:00:06 PM3/19/15
to liftweb
Cool!

Juan Jose Olivera

Mar 20, 2015, 12:30:57 PM3/20/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Juan: You can still use that goupid, even if you are not a committer, but first you need to add a comment here

https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/OSSRH-3212?jql=text%20~%20%22net.liftmodules%22

Thanks Diego, comment added. :)