SiteMap sub menus with query strings - can current page be detected?

Dan Gravell

Jun 22, 2016, 6:34:29 AM6/22/16
to Lift
I have the following menu structure:

Products
    Common product query #1
    Common product query #2

All three Locs should be directed to "/products", with the "Common product query #n" having a query string, e.g. /products?condition=new

I realise I could change this to "/products/new", but this *is* a query, not a hard-baked category of things I want to represent as a URL.

The above generates fine using QueryParameters, and I can navigate fine. But the "selected" option is always the top level "Products", I guess because the path of the URL is always the same - "/products".

I tried using a RewriteRule, but that didn't appear to catch the selected Loc either, and reading other recommendations on avoiding RewriteRules, I backed that out.

So is there a way of catching the currently selected Loc, including a current query string parameter?

Thanks,
Dan

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Jun 23, 2016, 7:33:08 PM6/23/16
to Lift
How are the Locs defined right now? Any chance you could throw the
minimum bits of this together into a sample project for us?
Thanks,
Antonio

Dan Gravell

Jun 27, 2016, 9:08:35 AM6/27/16
to Lift
Sorry for replying so slowly. In the meantime I was actually investigating a different UI structure which mandates fewer top level nav items, and so there's no need for this. But if we adopt this again, I'll be back...

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Jun 27, 2016, 1:20:53 PM6/27/16
to Lift
Haha all right then, sounds good :) Let us know!
Thanks,
Antonio