Preferred way to do facebook integration

Andrzej Skalski

Feb 21, 2015, 10:18:39 AM2/21/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I need to integrate one of my products with Facebook API. I need user registration/authentication, give user ability to like/publish on wall portions of content, and possibly allow him to invite other FB users to use this application. I feel like I googled through all resources, but they all seem to be a little outdated, and FB evolves quickly. Therefore I ask:

What is current, preferred way to achieve that? Should I use OAuth for authentication and facebook liftmodule for rest, or JS API or something else?

Are there any examples to look at?

Kindest Regards
Andrzej Skalski

Arkadiusz Burdach

Feb 21, 2015, 10:35:22 AM2/21/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can use http://dispatch.databinder.net/Dispatch.html as a async REST client. It uses json4s as databinding that can use lift-json in backend or its won native json4s backend.

However facebook API is more comonly used than Trello so maybe will be better to use some higher-level sclala/java wrapper for thiers API.

Arek

Matt Farmer

Feb 21, 2015, 11:36:58 AM2/21/15
to Lift
It’s worth pointing out that Dispatch’s lift-json integration isn’t functional for 2.11 and is marginal otherwise. I’ve got an outstanding pull request on it to get it up to speed but it’s waiting for me to do some sbt magic on it so it builds nicely for them. Will try to get around to that today.

Matt Farmer Blog | Twitter

Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Diego Medina

Feb 21, 2015, 11:52:11 AM2/21/15
to Lift
if it comes down to personal preference, I tend to use the finagle http client, http://twitter.github.io/finagle/guide/Quickstart.html to make callls to any REST API  I like the explicit api they have, for an example using  finagle (with elastic search in this case), see https://gist.github.com/fmpwizard/4187645

and as you get a String from the client, you can call compactRender(body) to get a JValue from lift-json

Thanks

Diego

--
Diego Medina