Lift & Cucumber

David Pollak

Mar 19, 2013, 3:46:49 AM3/19/13
to liftweb
Folks,

Has anyone used Cucumber to test Lift apps? Any blog posts one can point me to?

Thanks,

David

--
Telegram, Simply Beautiful CMS https://telegr.am

Torsten Uhlmann

Mar 19, 2013, 4:07:59 AM3/19/13
to lif...@googlegroups.com
There exist a few blog posts about Cucumber and Scala (http://blog.knoldus.com/2013/01/15/atdd-cucumber-and-scala/) and I found one about Cucumber and Play: http://buster84.wordpress.com/2012/12/23/play2-scala-cucumber/

It's not exactly what you're looking for but maybe a starting point.

Torsten.

Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Tobias Pfeiffer

Mar 19, 2013, 1:19:02 PM3/19/13
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Am 19.03.2013 08:46, schrieb David Pollak:
> Has anyone used Cucumber to test Lift apps? Any blog posts one can
> point me to?

I started to use cucumber, but quickly switched to Scala-based solutions.

Here's a gist with the basic setup:

https://gist.github.com/tgpfeiffer/5198092

Tobias

pelagic

Mar 19, 2013, 6:26:14 PM3/19/13
to lif...@googlegroups.com
one of my team members has started using cucumber with our lift in the past couple weeks. He doesn't have a blog post up about it, but I'll try to convince him to do so. Are there any specifics you're interested in or just the general set-up and experience?

David Pollak

Mar 20, 2013, 1:38:57 PM3/20/13
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to everyone for the responses... they we very helpful!

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:26 PM, pelagic <vent...@gmail.com> wrote:
one of my team members has started using cucumber with our lift in the past couple weeks. He doesn't have a blog post up about it, but I'll try to convince him to do so. Are there any specifics you're interested in or just the general set-up and experience?

It's for a client that has a business owner that's fallen in love with Cucumber and I and doing some research to figure out if the tech people can satisfy the business guy's cuke cravings.

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:19:02 AM UTC-7, Tobias Pfeiffer wrote:
Hi,

Am 19.03.2013 08:46, schrieb David Pollak:
> Has anyone used Cucumber to test Lift apps? Any blog posts one can
> point me to?

I started to use cucumber, but quickly switched to Scala-based solutions.

Here's a gist with the basic setup:

  https://gist.github.com/tgpfeiffer/5198092

Tobias

Code: http://github.com/lift

---

pelagic

Mar 20, 2013, 7:35:34 PM3/20/13
to lif...@googlegroups.com
if you wan to contact my co-worker and as questions about lift with cucumber you can email him at

dan.sabin at locusenergy.com

Lachlan Deck

Aug 10, 2015, 1:19:03 AM8/10/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

just reviving an old topic to see if there’s any experiences now with utilising cucumber with lift?

Any recommendations re setup / gotchas?

cheers
Lachlan Deck