Happy 11th Birthday, Lift!

David Pollak

Feb 28, 2018, 11:20:48 AM2/28/18
to liftweb
Folks,

11 years ago today, I released the very first lines of Lift on Google Code.

The Lift project and the Lift community grew and evolved in a way that was awesome... and in a way that demonstrated the power of folks working effectively together.

There have been many important contributors to Lift and Lift was early in a lot of things:

  • Lift was a very early Maven-powered project... and in 2007, it was very weird for a project *not* to have its dependencies in the source code repo.
  • Lift was one of the first GitHub projects... back before GitHub was officially launched.
  • Lift was one of the first projects to have an enforced code of conduct.
These and many other awesome parts of Lift were driven by the awesome Lift community... the community of Lift users and Lift committers.

11 years after a crazy person (me) launched a web framework for a weird, back-water, academic language, there's still innovation and vibrancy in Lift.

Please join me in thanking all the Lift users and Lift committers for their contributions to Lift!

Please join me in wishing Lift a happy 11th birthday.

Thanks!

David

Matt Farmer

Feb 28, 2018, 11:22:14 AM2/28/18
to Lift
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIFT!

Lift, the simply functional web framework: http://liftweb.net
Code: http://github.com/lift
Discussion: http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb
Stuck? Help us help you: https://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/liftweb/Posting_example_code

---

Henrik Härkönen

Feb 28, 2018, 12:19:19 PM2/28/18
to Lift
Awesome!

Fun facts. :)

Happy birthday Lift!

-Henrik

Dave Price

Feb 28, 2018, 12:37:51 PM2/28/18
to Lift
Happy Birthday Lift!

Diego Medina

Feb 28, 2018, 12:39:42 PM2/28/18
to Lift
Happy Birthday!

Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Torsten Uhlmann

Feb 28, 2018, 1:20:11 PM2/28/18
to Lift
Awesome, Happy Birthday Lift!

Bhashit Parikh

Feb 28, 2018, 1:42:54 PM2/28/18
to Lift
Wow, great. Thanks David, and everyone on the team.

Richard Dallaway

Feb 28, 2018, 2:23:00 PM2/28/18
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Happy birthday! 🍻
Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Andreas Joseph Krogh

Feb 28, 2018, 4:42:27 PM2/28/18
to David Pollak, liftweb
Well done, happy birthday Lift!!

Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS
Mobile: +47 909 56 963

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Feb 28, 2018, 8:38:21 PM2/28/18
to Lift
A hearty happy birthday from me as well!
Antonio