alternative to xsbt-web-plugin?

ti com

Jan 31, 2017, 2:42:10 PM1/31/17
to liftweb
hi, is there anything you can use besides xsbt-web-plugin? i'm having issues making it work with scala-js and sbt-gzip etc.

ti com

Jan 31, 2017, 2:51:17 PM1/31/17
to liftweb
now jetty:start is giving me java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.liftweb.http.LiftFilter

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Jan 31, 2017, 5:42:18 PM1/31/17
to Lift
Hmmm… I haven't used anything other than xsbt-web-plugin, but there's nothing
specific to it in Lift that I know of. All we do is have web.xml that hooks up the LiftFilter
as a servlet filter. If there's another plugin out there that accommodates that, it should
work.

I have, however, seen it recommended that scala-js stuff should be set up as a separate
project than the main web app in cases where you're trying to have both. Not sure how
true that is as I haven't had a chance to play with scala-js yet.
Thanks,
Antonio

Tim Nelson

Feb 1, 2017, 5:54:19 AM2/1/17
to Lift
I fought with xsbt-web-plugin and the sbt-web plugins and decided it wasn't worth it. The sbt-web plugins were not written with xsbt-web-plugin in mind.

I did get it working with xsbt-web-plugin v0.9.0, but there was a problem with the newer versions, which I don't recall at this time. My lift-mongo g8 template has that example: https://github.com/eltimn/lift-mongo.g8

Anyway, I switched to using embedded Jetty with sbt-revolver. Works much better. I haven't had an out of memory error since I switched. I'm also not using any of the sbt-web plugins, but switched to using gulp for less/javascript handling, utilizing my sbt-frontend plugin. The lift-extras-example project is an example of this: https://github.com/eltimn/lift-extras-example

I hope to do a write up of this soon along with officially releasing the sbt-frontend plugin.

Tim

ti com

Feb 1, 2017, 10:38:20 AM2/1/17
to Lift
I've been exploring using embedded mode too and had issues. Thanks for sharing your code, I'll let you know if I can't resolve my issues.

Code: http://github.com/lift

---