nginx and lift

Channing Walton

Sep 24, 2015, 6:45:41 AM9/24/15
to Lift
Hi,
I am a complete newbie nginx so I was hoping someone couple point me to any useful documentation or hints about making nginx work well with lift.

I have seen David's post of some years ago, I am not sure if its stale now or still good.

A particular issue we have is 'upstream timed out while reading response headers form upstream" for comet_request.

Would proxy_read_timeout 700; solve this?

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Channing

Matt Farmer

Sep 24, 2015, 10:08:13 AM9/24/15
to Lift
I’ve actually used nginx and Lift together quite a bit and haven’t seen this issue. proxy_pass without any further proxy arguments has worked for me. Here’s the nginx config template for my project, Depend On, from when I was still working on that. It’s an Ansible template so it’s got so some things that wouldn’t parse with nginx directly (surrounded in { and }).

Let me know if this is helpful or not. :)

Matt Farmer Blog | Twitter

Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Channing Walton

Sep 24, 2015, 10:44:17 AM9/24/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for this, I'll see if it helps.

Unfortunately our prod deployment cycle is so long it's going to be a couple of weeks before we know if it works. Of course we don't see it anywhere else %)

Sent from my iPhone
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Lift" group.