LiftRules attributeForRemovedEventAttributes default value

Diego Medina

May 5, 2016, 8:40:24 AM5/5/16
to Lift
Hi,

I was just going over some old release notes and found this change:

https://github.com/lift/framework/blob/master/web/webkit/src/main/scala/net/liftweb/http/LiftRules.scala#L629

Are the attributes removed by default on Lift 3.0? If they are, shouldn't we default this new setting to some name, instead of leaving it as None?

The way I see it is:

User migrates app to Lift 3.0, which was under dev for over a year, there are a ton of release notes, hard to keep up with all the changes.

Tries a few things and then realizes that only some fields are not being matched by the css rules, I can see myself scratching my head as to why only some attributes are disappearing, and even after I find out which ones are going away, the changes of me knowing what to search for on the mailing list would be pretty remote.

But if we set it to a fixed value, at least some users will be able to find a reference to the name by using github's search on the repo, or even here on the mailing list.

I know we are near the end of RC but I think it would make for a smoother transition (or even starting from scratch with 3.0)

Thanks

Diego

--
Diego Medina