lift-ng and multiple angular apps on the same page

Bhashit Parikh

Dec 31, 2015, 12:23:59 AM12/31/15
to Lift
Hello Guys,

I am planing to use the lift-ng module in one of my projects, and I have a small question. It is possible that I might need to have multiple angular apps on the same page. And I am aware of the angular docs and the answers to this SO question about having multiple apps on the same page. That is, I'll have to bootstrap them myself. I am ready to go in deep and extend the lift-ng code if required. But, do you guys see any problems with this approach? Anything fundamental that I could have missed and that could cause problems with how lift-ng is supposed to work?

Thanks for your time,
Bhashit

Joe Barnes

Jan 23, 2016, 4:34:03 PM1/23/16
to Lift
Hey Bhashit!

I'm sorry I'm replying so late.  I got very disconnected over the holidays and I'm still catching up.  Perhaps by now you've already learned what you need to know...

I've done a majority of the lift-ng development, and yes it 100% supports multiple angular apps on a page.  In fact, a multiple app page is covered in the integration tests.  Pull the lift-ng code locally, cd to test-project/, and do an sbt container:start.  Then navigate to http://localhost:8080/twoApps.  It is a very unimpressive app, but if you peel back the layers you will see precisely how to wire this up.

Joe