[ANN] Lift 3.0 Series - Security Fixes Only

Matt Farmer

Jun 2, 2018, 10:34:22 AM6/2/18
to Lift
Hello everyone,

I wanted to share that per our Support Policy, the Lift 3.0.x series is now receiving Security Fixes only. This means we will not be back-porting minor feature bugfixes to this series unless they have security implications.

If you're currently using Lift 3.0.x, we recommend upgrading to Lift 3.1 or Lift 3.2 to ensure you continue to receive minor bug fixes to Lift as we make them.

Lift 3.0.x will receive security fixes until the (hypothetical) release of Lift 6.0. This is open-ended as we don't regularly do major version releases. It's also worth noting that Lift 3.1 will be demoted to "Security fixes until Lift 6.0" status in January of 2019.

If support of Lift apps that are older than these requirements are important to your organization or you're having trouble keeping up-to-date, then I should point out that you can always pay folks in the Lift community to help you out. We have a number of talented independent consultants in the community that love Lift who you can reach out to in order to get upgrade or bugfix support.

Please feel free to reply here if there are any questions!

Thanks!
Matt