lift and java time

Tobias

Dec 5, 2017, 11:19:53 AM12/5/17
to Lift
I wonder if java.time support for json, mapper, etc is planned for the near or distant future?

Matt Farmer

Dec 5, 2017, 11:23:58 AM12/5/17
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tobias,

It’s not currently on our roadmap, but if it’s a feature you’re interested in I think it would be one worth having. I think we’d probably start with lift-json and move to others from there. Please file an issue for investigating shipping some java.time support to lift-json.

In the interim, you should be able to support these formats by providing custom serializer instances for them. Let me know if you need to be pointed to examples of how to do that and I’m happy to elaborate.

Thanks,
Matt

On December 5, 2017 at 11:19:50 AM, Tobias (tobias...@gmail.com) wrote:

I wonder if java.time support for json, mapper, etc is planned for the near or distant future?
Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Dec 5, 2017, 1:01:23 PM12/5/17
to Lift
Probably not an extraordinarily difficult task, since java.time is pretty API-compatible with
joda IIRC, right?
Thanks,
Antonio
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to liftweb+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Matt Farmer

Dec 5, 2017, 4:18:27 PM12/5/17
to lif...@googlegroups.com
It’s pretty close. So yeah, expect it to be a pretty straightforward implementation all the same. =)