Help using omni-oauth with google provider

victor.bar...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2016, 9:36:57 PM8/18/16
to Lift
hi
I'm in my senior year, I have a project in vaadin's framework that uses the pi4j library to control some stuff in my room, when I saw the project running in lift in Diego Medina's blog I decided to migrate my project, I've been working for some weeks with this framework and I'd like to use the omni-oauth module as security checkpoint, something kind of like a private app with restricted access using google accounts but the only tutorial that I was able to find was in lift application development cookbook, could you guys help me sharing some sample templates or examples using the module as checkpoint to show my hidden content to users that haven't logged in ?.

note: I want a database that can only be manipulated through the h2 console with the user gmail accounts that can log into the app.

Diego Medina

Aug 18, 2016, 11:07:59 PM8/18/16
to Lift
Hi Victor,

First, awesome that you are migrating to Lift after reading my post!!

What issues are you running into when using omni-auth with google? I know at one point Google moved away from the openID way of auth in favor of auth2, but I don't remember if omni-auth was updated for it.

if I had to guess, the Twitter/Facebook and instagram integrations should still work, if not, we can try two things, post a sample project where you have the issue and we can try to fix/update onmi-auth, or, if you don't really need one of those service, it may be good to simply use https://github.com/liftmodules/mapperauth for authentication. It can use your h2 database to store the user/passwords. I also work with the author of mapperauth (Torsten), so if it needs updating I can bug him to fix it :)

Thanks

Diego

Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Diego Medina
Lift/Scala Consultant
di...@fmpwizard.com
http://blog.fmpwizard.com/

victor.bar...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2016, 1:12:11 PM8/19/16
to Lift

Hey there

Thanks for the fast response, at this point im in need of continue using the method obtained through lift  application development cookbook. Tho the mapper auth versions we can find on https://github.com/liftmodules/mapperauth would only work on lift 2.5 or 3.0, my whole project at the moment its running on lift 2.6 and scala 2.10.4. would this create any compatibility issues?
any additional tips are welcome

greetings from mexico

Diego Medina

Aug 19, 2016, 1:52:50 PM8/19/16
to Lift
looks like we need to update the readme, but there are actually jars for scala 2.10 and lift 2.6 at

so you can use

libraryDependencies += "net.liftmodules" %% "mapperauth_2-6" % "0.4-SNAPSHOT"

and it should work fine with your setup of Lift 2.6 and scala 2.10.4

>at this point I'm in need of continue using the method obtained through lift  application development cookbook

Do you mean that you want to continue with what the book says, and in that case, do you need any more help? I also have a copy of that book, so if you have specific questions about it, just include the page number and I'll try to help (and I also happen to work with the author of that book :) )

Thanks.

Code: http://github.com/lift

---