extra parameter of XhtmlResponse?

ti com

Dec 7, 2017, 12:49:17 PM12/7/17
to liftweb
I can't find any usage of __docType and renderInIEMode, are they used and where, thanks

ti com

Dec 7, 2017, 12:51:29 PM12/7/17
to liftweb
also if i'm using a twirl template is there a better way to write a response than XhtmlResponse(Unparsed(html.toString))... or than InMemoryResponse(... converting it to bytes?

the lift responses seem so ad hoc, overlapping, and confusing

Matt Farmer

Dec 8, 2017, 2:45:10 PM12/8/17
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Those usages may have been phased out as a part of the Lift 3 release and we forgot to clean them up. If you can confirm they’re no longer used we would welcome a PR that cleans them up.

With regard to your Twirl template, using an InMemoryResponse or XhtmlResponse would be the best option. Lift and Twirl are not designed to work together — I’d even go so far to say that our opinion on how web development should work is greatly at odds with Twirl’s — so I’m not surprised that the interface there is a bit awkward. You may be able to write your own subclass of LiftResponse that makes it a bit better.

With regard to the note about lift responses: I’d welcome concrete examples or improvements you’d like to see. Lift is far from perfect, but without specific examples it’s really challenging to try and address your concerns.

Thanks,
Matt
Code: http://github.com/lift

---