Lift! Now with Giter8 Templates!

Matt Farmer

Aug 12, 2017, 12:14:29 AM8/12/17
to Lift
Hey everyone,

In an effort to improve our first time user experience, tonight I've been working on building Giter8 templates for our application. Recently sbt added the ability to invoke giter8 templates using the "sbt new" command — so this represents a significant experience improvement for folks trying out Lift for the first time over our lift_xx_sbt template repos.

As of tonight, we provide two Giter8 templates: basic-app.g8 and blank-app.g8. You can try them out by typing either:

sbt new lift/basic-app.g8

or

sbt new lift/blank-app.g8

depending on what you're going for.

Take them out for a spin and let me know what you think, and share them with folks who maybe haven't tried Lift in awhile. =)

I'll be updating the documentation in the main repo soon!

Cheers,
Matt

Peter Petersson

Aug 12, 2017, 4:14:24 AM8/12/17
to lif...@googlegroups.com

Awesome !

/Peter
Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Richard Dallaway

Aug 15, 2017, 10:49:19 AM8/15/17
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Very nice! Thank you.

Ben Phelan

Aug 15, 2017, 7:35:42 PM8/15/17
to Lift
Very handy, thanks.

Riccardo Sirigu

Aug 16, 2017, 11:38:25 AM8/16/17
to Lift
Thanks!

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Aug 16, 2017, 3:04:57 PM8/16/17
to Lift
This is stellar 🙇🏻🙇🏻🙇🏻

Henrik Härkönen

Aug 24, 2017, 1:32:52 PM8/24/17
to Lift
This is cool, g8 templates are nice! I liked the questions that it asked, like the name, namespaces and version to use, etc.

But I noticed that they didn't contain the "test app" that runs the jetty? I think that was quite convenient. Would be nice to tell people to just use this sbt command to get the template, get a cup of coffee and then run sbt container:start and see your app run on browser. :)

Now the container:start gives

[info] starting server ...
[success] Total time: 1 s, completed 24.8.2017 20:31:12
> Error: Could not find or load main class 8080

-Henrik

Peter Petersson

Aug 24, 2017, 2:44:29 PM8/24/17
to lif...@googlegroups.com

The command to start the app is no longer container:start it is

~jetty:start

The maintainer of the xsbt-web-plugin changed the start and stop commands some time ago they are now tomcat or jetty specific.

PS I suppose the readme could contain this DS

best regards Peter Petersson

Henrik Härkönen

Aug 24, 2017, 4:15:24 PM8/24/17
to Lift