Confused

Donald McLean

Mar 2, 2016, 1:59:49 PM3/2/16
to liftweb
I am using Lift version 2.6.2.

The ScalaDoc for LAPinger reads:

The ActorPing object schedules an actor to be ping-ed with a given message at specific intervals. The schedule methods return a ScheduledFuture object which can be cancelled if necessary

This implies that it should be sending messages at regular intervals, but my actor only got ONE message. This would imply that either the ScalaDoc is wrong or that there is a bug in LAPinger.

Not to mention, the ScalaDoc refers to ActorPing which is probably an old class name.

Thanks,

Donald

Brett Grace

Mar 2, 2016, 3:03:31 PM3/2/16
to Lift
I believe this is working as designed, but perhaps not as described. The examples I could find for ActorPing/LAPinger, dating back several years, all demonstrate the receiver is responsible for rescheduling the message—so I think that is the intended behavior (it seems like the better approach, anyway). I agree that the most natural interpretation of the phrase "at specific intervals" implies that the message will be sent more than once.

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Mar 5, 2016, 5:02:43 PM3/5/16
to Lift
It certainly does sound like the docs are inaccurate or unclear. Could you file an
issue so we can fix that documentation soon?
Thanks,
Antonio

Donald McLean

Mar 10, 2016, 7:57:41 AM3/10/16
to liftweb
Hi Antonio,

I can't seem to find the page to file a new ticket.

The link on the "Creating Tickets" page is wrong:

https://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/liftweb/Creating_tickets

Thanks,

Donald

Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Family photographs are a critical legacy for
ourselves and our descendants. Protect that
legacy with a digital backup and recovery plan.

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Mar 10, 2016, 7:08:43 PM3/10/16
to Lift
Hey there,
I've fixed the link. As it stated (but this wasn't reflected in the link), the place
to file issues is on Github.
Thanks,
Antonio
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to liftweb+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.