The Happy Lift'r Prize

Mads Jensen

Oct 26, 2010, 6:25:58 PM10/26/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

We're announcing the "Happy Lift'r Prize". The prize will be given every 2. wednesday of the month and has the value of $100. It goes to someone who has been awesome in the Lift community. In the case of multiple winners the prize will be split equally.

If someone has been helpful you can nominate them by replying to this thread with a small description of who the person is and what he/she has done of awesome things. If you spent some time working on the WIKI (or have been helpful in some other way) it's perfectly acceptable to remind people of your great work by replying to this thread as well.

So, keep being as awesome as you are now and maybe you will be able to collect the first bounty the 10 of November.

Thanks,
Mads Hartmann Jensen

David Pollak

Oct 26, 2010, 6:28:19 PM10/26/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com

Very cool!  Looking forward to giving out prizes and enhancing the community.  A big shout-out to Mads for organizing this!

Thanks,
Mads Hartmann Jensen

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Blog: http://goodstuff.im
Surf the harmonics

Naftoli Gugenheim

Oct 26, 2010, 6:37:30 PM10/26/10
to liftweb
Maybe we should write a Lift frontend to the mailing list that lets you mark replies as helpful!
Who's sponsoring this and who picks the winner(s)?

Mads Jensen

Oct 26, 2010, 7:03:42 PM10/26/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Lets see how it will work with this thread first, if doesn't work out we can work on a nicer system :)

Mads

Naftoli Gugenheim

Oct 26, 2010, 7:05:41 PM10/26/10
to liftweb
Yeah, I wasn't being that serious. :)
What about the other questions?

Mads Jensen

Oct 26, 2010, 7:11:07 PM10/26/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
David is sponsoring it and the winner(s) will be the ones with most mentions on this thread - so in that way everyone can help select the winners :)

Mads

Naftoli Gugenheim

Oct 26, 2010, 7:12:21 PM10/26/10
to liftweb
Anything more well-defined than "most"?

Mads Jensen

Oct 26, 2010, 7:21:40 PM10/26/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Not at the moment no - Lets see how this first round will go. Most might be sufficient :)

Naftoli Gugenheim

Oct 26, 2010, 7:23:13 PM10/26/10
to liftweb
No problem, as long as there are no disagreements later!

David Pollak

Oct 26, 2010, 7:37:08 PM10/26/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Naftoli Gugenheim <nafto...@gmail.com> wrote:
No problem, as long as there are no disagreements later!

Mads is running the Lift'r Prize.  I trust his judgment and his decisions about prize allocation are final.

Paul Dale

Oct 26, 2010, 8:14:11 PM10/26/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
I thought I would pass on a reference to a book I'm reading now about
motivation. The main theme is that there are intrinsic and extrinsic
motivators. Doing something for the love of it, or to be part of
something great (like the lift community) is an intrinsic motivator.
Doing something specifically for a goal is an extrinsic motivator.

The research showed that people driven by an extrinsic motivator were
less creative than those driven by an intrinsic motivator.

This usage is one of the few cases where a reward doesn't decrease
creativity as the reward is just something nice to do and not an
expectation of participation.

At any rate - I am finding it a really interesting read and it seemed
apropos to the topic.

cheers,
Paul
http://www.amazon.com/Drive-Surprising-Truth-About-Motivates/dp/1594488843/

Naftoli Gugenheim

Oct 26, 2010, 8:23:01 PM10/26/10
to liftweb
By intrinsic vs. extrinsic, do you mean whether it's what you want vs. it's not necessarily what you want but rather a means of getting something else you want? Or something else?

Paul Dale

Oct 26, 2010, 8:28:54 PM10/26/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
It's more about whether the motivation is coming from inside or outside.

I think I missed the most interesting point. Applying an extrinsic
motivator (reward) to an already intrinsically motivating task makes
people LESS creative than they would have been without it.

David Pollak

Oct 26, 2010, 8:31:24 PM10/26/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Paul Dale <paul...@gmail.com> wrote:
It's more about whether the motivation is coming from inside or outside.

I think I missed the most interesting point. Applying an extrinsic
motivator (reward) to an already intrinsically motivating task makes
people LESS creative than they would have been without it.

I am hoping the prize represents a community celebration of a contributor and that the celebration/praise serves as an internal motivator as well as a way of making clear that the Lift community recognizes and celebrates contribution.

Naftoli Gugenheim

Oct 26, 2010, 8:38:26 PM10/26/10
to liftweb
Interesting. Do they give any explanation?

Paul Dale

Oct 26, 2010, 8:39:24 PM10/26/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
>> I think I missed the most interesting point. Applying an extrinsic
>> motivator (reward) to an already intrinsically motivating task makes
>> people LESS creative than they would have been without it.
>
> I am hoping the prize represents a community celebration of a contributor
> and that the celebration/praise serves as an internal motivator as well as a
> way of making clear that the Lift community recognizes and celebrates
> contribution.

So I'm not an expert (and reading half a book about the topic
certainly doesn't make me one).

However, my take (based mainly on reading this research) is that
making sure it is 2/3 recognition 1/3 cash will go further towards
accomplishing this goal. For instance a page on the website publicly
recording the recognition and celebration.

Naftoli Gugenheim

Oct 26, 2010, 8:40:46 PM10/26/10
to liftweb
At least until some other research comes along saying otherwise, anyway... :)

Paul Dale

Oct 26, 2010, 8:43:56 PM10/26/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Naftoli Gugenheim <nafto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting. Do they give any explanation?

Well, like I said it is worth reading the book.

But, briefly, the goal makes people focused on the goal and not on the
challenge. With the narrowed focus people took much longer to see
non-obvious solutions.

Douglas José

Oct 27, 2010, 9:06:12 AM10/27/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 02:43, Paul Dale <paul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Naftoli Gugenheim <nafto...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Interesting. Do they give any explanation?
>
> Well, like I said it is worth reading the book.

Or watching the author's video on TED:
http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_pink_on_motivation.html

Sorry about what I believe to be somehow off-topic, but considering
that the prize objective is to foster the group's motivation, this
subject may be relevant.

Kindly,
--
Douglas Jose
http://douglasjose.com

- "Use free software. Help us make a free world."

TylerWeir

Oct 27, 2010, 9:12:06 AM10/27/10
to Lift
I don't see this prize as a motivation tool, which is typically used
to entice people to complete a task they don't want to, or do not
value.
I see this as appreciation for something that already happens.

I have a few people to nominate, starting with Derek, for his ongoing
improvement of the Lift Book.

e-highfive!

On Oct 27, 9:06 am, Douglas José <douglasj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 02:43, Paul Dale <paul.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Naftoli Gugenheim <naftoli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Interesting. Do they give any explanation?
>
> > Well, like I said it is worth reading the book.
>
> Or watching the author's video on TED:http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_pink_on_motivation.html
>
> Sorry about what I believe to be somehow off-topic, but considering
> that the prize objective is to foster the group's motivation, this
> subject may be relevant.
>
> Kindly,
> --
> Douglas Josehttp://douglasjose.com

Marius

Oct 27, 2010, 2:55:08 PM10/27/10
to Lift
Probably I'm the last person that should speak on this due to my
ongoing absence but I would vote for Derek as well !

Br's,
Marius

TylerWeir

Oct 27, 2010, 3:15:41 PM10/27/10
to Lift
Marius, you're with us in heart and code.

How's the baby?

Marius

Oct 27, 2010, 4:17:20 PM10/27/10
to Lift
:) Thx Ty. Alex is fine, growing and learning fast ;)

Br's,
Marius

Naftoli Gugenheim

Oct 27, 2010, 5:32:01 PM10/27/10
to liftweb
In what way do you think it may be relevant? Do you think DPP's generosity is somehow going to negatively impact Lift?
Or do you think that perhaps according to this study there might be some way to modify the program to make it better?

Mads Hartmann Jensen

Nov 10, 2010, 3:42:22 AM11/10/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
** drum roll **

I'm happy to announce that we have a winner for the 1. Happy Lift'r Prize!

** drum roll getting louder **

Please join me in celebrating...

** drum roll getting even louder **

Derek Chen-Becker for his awesome work on the Exploring Lift book.

** Wild cheers and shouts of celebration **

Congratulations mate :)

AGYNAMIX Torsten Uhlmann

Nov 10, 2010, 3:56:59 AM11/10/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations, Derek!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind Regards,

Torsten Uhlmann

--
Torsten Uhlmann
AGYNAMIX(R). Passionate Software.

TylerWeir

Nov 10, 2010, 9:18:17 AM11/10/10
to Lift
High Five Derek!

Well-deserved.

David Pollak

Nov 10, 2010, 9:29:56 AM11/10/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 6:18 AM, TylerWeir <tyler...@gmail.com> wrote:
High Five Derek!

Well-deserved.

Rock on Derek!!

Do you want an Amazon gift certificate or something else as your prize?

Peter Robinett

Nov 10, 2010, 9:37:13 AM11/10/10
to Lift
Seconded, very well-deserved!

Peter

Derek Chen-Becker

Nov 10, 2010, 11:21:10 AM11/10/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thank you everyone! I would like to thank the Academy...wait, wrong speech :P

It's been a great pleasure working on the book and with the Lift community in general. Winning this is just icing on the cake :)

Derek

Seconded, very well-deserved!

Peter

Derek Chen-Becker

Nov 10, 2010, 11:21:53 AM11/10/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
A Rock Bottom Brewery gift card would be mighty nice ;)

Thanks!

Derek

David Pollak

Nov 10, 2010, 1:20:56 PM11/10/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Derek Chen-Becker <dchen...@gmail.com> wrote:
A Rock Bottom Brewery gift card would be mighty nice ;)

It's on my to do list: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/home/bearfeeder/#section.tasks

Thanks again for making the Lift community a better place!!  Your contribution really makes a difference.

Thanks also to Mads for administering the Happy Lift'r kudos program and to the community for giving input to Mads!

Lukasz Kuczera

Nov 10, 2010, 3:07:01 PM11/10/10
to Lift
Whoo hoo :D
... continuing on this interesting offtopic here:
http://blog.ferrogate.com/brilliant-animation-about-work-salary-and-mot
But ... 100$ is not motivation (unless youre very poor, or $$$ are
very valued where u live)
I think this is more intrinsic motivation, its more like a competition
this is very hormone heavy.

Derek Chen-Becker

Nov 10, 2010, 3:34:34 PM11/10/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Believe me, I'm not doing it for the money. While I would love to have a job where I could focus on Lift/Scala all day long, just being involved with such an incredible group of people is reward enough :)

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Nov 11, 2010, 7:44:46 AM11/11/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com

Derek Chen-Becker wrote:
Believe me, I'm not doing it for the money. While I would love to have a job where I could focus on Lift/Scala all day long, just being involved with such an incredible group of people is reward enough :)
Indeed! still congrats, and thank you for helping on so many things beyond the Lift Book and being one of the silent maintainer of scala-tools.org.

David Pollak

TylerWeir

Nov 27, 2010, 7:43:58 PM11/27/10
to Lift
On Nov 27, 9:56 am, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I nominate Mads based on his improvements to the code highlighting on
> liftweb.net

Seconded.

David Bernard

Nov 28, 2010, 5:06:42 AM11/28/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
+1

Maarten Koopmans

Nov 28, 2010, 6:01:07 AM11/28/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
+1

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Nov 29, 2010, 12:42:47 AM11/29/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
+1, undoubtedly!

Maarten Koopmans wrote:
> +1
>
> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 11:06 AM, David Bernard
> <david.be...@gmail.com <mailto:david.be...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> +1
>

> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 01:43, TylerWeir <tyler...@gmail.com
> <mailto:tyler...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> On Nov 27, 9:56 am, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com

> <mailto:feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>>

> wrote:
> > I nominate Mads based on his improvements to the code
> highlighting on

> > liftweb.net <http://liftweb.net>

> Seconded.
>
> --

> <mailto:liftweb%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

> For more options, visit this group at
>

> --

> <mailto:liftweb%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

Mads Hartmann Jensen

Dec 10, 2010, 4:02:37 AM12/10/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
It's that time of the month again. It's time to announce the winner of the 2. Happy Lift'r Prize!

** dum roll **

Please join me in celebrating...

** drum roll getting louder **

Mads Hartmann Jensen for his improvements to the getting started guide

** Wild cheers and shouts of celebration **

Congratulations Mads!

(feeling mildly schizophrenic)

David Pollak

Dec 10, 2010, 10:59:26 AM12/10/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Yay Mads!

Rock on!

Please contact me privately to discuss what your prize is (an Amazon gift certificate, perhaps a gift certificate for a micro-brewery).

And Mads (the other you), thanks for continuing to do an excellent job running this program.

Derek Chen-Becker

Dec 10, 2010, 12:53:10 PM12/10/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Give yourself a pat on the back ;) Congratulations!

Mads Hartmann Jensen

Dec 12, 2010, 4:44:18 AM12/12/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

I just want to remind you to put in your nominations for january - december will be over before you know it ;)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Mads Hartmann Jensen

Mads Hartmann Jensen

Dec 17, 2010, 9:30:48 AM12/17/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
I'm nominating Daniel Hobi for the Lift'r prize because of his continuos stream of helpful replies to questions on the list. Keep up the great work Daniel :)

Mads

David Pollak

Dec 17, 2010, 10:18:49 AM12/17/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 6:30 AM, Mads Hartmann Jensen <mad...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm nominating Daniel Hobi for the Lift'r prize because of his continuos stream of helpful replies to questions on the list. Keep up the great work Daniel :)

+1

Mads

David Pollak

Dec 18, 2010, 11:33:25 AM12/18/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
I nominate Antonio Salazar Cardozo for the work he did getting Jack's sbt files running with MongoDB

David Pollak

Dec 24, 2010, 10:30:34 AM12/24/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
I nominate Diego Medina for an excellently asked non-trivial question: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/liftweb/KNhdu-IqVy4/discussion

Mads Hartmann Jensen

Jan 10, 2011, 6:04:16 AM1/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
** drum roll **

I'm happy to announce that we have a winner for the 3. Happy Lift'r Prize!

** drum roll getting louder **

Please join me in celebrating...

** drum roll getting even louder **

Daniel Hobi for his continuos stream of helpful replies to questions on the list.

** Wild cheers and shouts of celebration **

Congratulations Daniel, keep up the great replies :)

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Jan 10, 2011, 8:31:19 AM1/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Daniel!

Mads Hartmann Jensen wrote:
> ** drum roll **
>
> I'm happy to announce that we have a winner for the 3. Happy Lift'r Prize!
>
> ** drum roll getting louder **
>
> Please join me in celebrating...
>
> ** drum roll getting even louder **

> *
> *
> *Daniel Hobi* for his continuos stream of helpful replies to questions

> on the list.
>
> ** Wild cheers and shouts of celebration **
>
> Congratulations Daniel, keep up the great replies :)
>
> On Oct 27, 2010, at 12:25 AM, Mads Jensen wrote:
>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> We're announcing the "Happy Lift'r Prize". The prize will be given
>> every 2. wednesday of the month and has the value of $100. It goes to
>> someone who has been awesome in the Lift community. In the case of
>> multiple winners the prize will be split equally.
>>
>> If someone has been helpful you can nominate them by replying to this
>> thread with a small description of who the person is and what he/she
>> has done of awesome things. If you spent some time working on the WIKI
>> (or have been helpful in some other way) it's perfectly acceptable to
>> remind people of your great work by replying to this thread as well.
>>
>> So, keep being as awesome as you are now and maybe you will be able to
>> collect the first bounty the 10 of November.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mads Hartmann Jensen

TylerWeir

Jan 10, 2011, 10:24:26 AM1/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Congrats!

Diego Medina

Jan 10, 2011, 10:39:42 AM1/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Daniel!!

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:24 AM, TylerWeir <tyler...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Congrats!

> --

Diego Medina
Web Developer
http://www.fmpwizard.com

David Pollak

Jan 10, 2011, 11:28:25 AM1/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Diego Medina <di...@fmpwizard.com> wrote:
Congratulations Daniel!!

+1

Please contact me off-list (feeder.of.the.bears at gmail) to tell me what kind of prize you want (an Amazon Gift Certificate, something else)

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Jan 10, 2011, 12:28:45 PM1/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!

Daniel Hobi

Jan 16, 2011, 7:51:37 AM1/16/11
to Lift
Thank you guys! After 6 days celebrating non-stop I finally found the
time to write my speech of thanks. :-)

It has now almost become a year since I've started with Lift and I
still have the feeling that there's so much more to explore (i.e. I've
never worked with mapper so far). After evaluating Lift (jpa-archetype
--> nice work btw Derek!) with our proof of concept project called
"Travel Companion" I decided to invest some additional time in Lift's
overwhelming Ajax / Comet support for a project called "Lift Poker".

Meanwhile, I'm in the very lucky position that I can (and certainly
want to) create my projects in Scala / Lift furthermore.

The happy Lift'r price is a good approach to motivate people to help
others. Personally, I was and will never be a fan of it due to one
simply reason: $$$. Thankfully, David states that you are free to
choose the kind of your prize which led me to open my photoshop and
create the (maybe) first "Happy Lift'r of the month" certificate:
http://www.danielhobi.ch/lift/liftr_prize.psd
http://www.danielhobi.ch/lift/liftr_prize_2.psd
(I'm no designer so changes are highly appreciated!)

Don't get me wrong: Some feel honored by getting a gift card and yes:
please feel honored! I (and maybe others of you guys too) feel more
joy by having a certificate hanging on their wall stating: Happy
Lift'r Month 2011 signed by the founder of the Lift Webframework David
Pollak.

Daniel

David Pollak

Jan 16, 2011, 9:42:46 AM1/16/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 4:51 AM, Daniel Hobi <d.h...@gmx.ch> wrote:
[...]

Sweet stuff.  I will print, sign and send you a certificate.  This is an awesome alternative to $.  Please send me a private note with your address and I'll get your certificate out to you.

Don't get me wrong: Some feel honored by getting a gift card and yes:
please feel honored! I (and maybe others of you guys too) feel more
joy by having a certificate hanging on their wall stating: Happy
Lift'r Month 2011 signed by the founder of the Lift Webframework David
Pollak.

I will certainly do what I can to show my appreciation for your exemplary contributions to the Lift community.

Daniel

On 10 Jan., 12:04, Mads Hartmann Jensen <mads...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ** drum roll **
>
> I'm happy to announce that we have a winner for the 3. Happy Lift'r Prize!
>
> ** drum roll getting louder **
>
> Please join me in celebrating...
>
> ** drum roll getting even louder **
>
> Daniel Hobi for his continuos stream of helpful replies to questions on the list.
>
> ** Wild cheers and shouts of celebration **
>
> Congratulations Daniel, keep up the great replies :)
>
> On Oct 27, 2010, at 12:25 AM, Mads Jensen wrote:
>

> > Hey guys,
>
> > We're announcing the "Happy Lift'r Prize". The prize will be given every 2. wednesday of the month and has the value of $100. It goes to someone who has been awesome in the Lift community. In the case of multiple winners the prize will be split equally.
>
> > If someone has been helpful you can nominate them by replying to this thread with a small description of who the person is and what he/she has done of awesome things. If you spent some time working on the WIKI (or have been helpful in some other way) it's perfectly acceptable to remind people of your great work by replying to this thread as well.
>
> > So, keep being as awesome as you are now and maybe you will be able to collect the first bounty the 10 of November.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Mads Hartmann Jensen

Mads Hartmann Jensen

Feb 10, 2011, 1:06:38 PM2/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

No nominations this month so no winners :)

In the future, if there are no nominations I'll simply let it pass quietly.

Thanks,
Mads Hartmann Jensen

TylerWeir

Feb 10, 2011, 1:53:49 PM2/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to make sure I vote for myself at the start of each month.

One vote is enough for a win!!!

:)

Derek Chen-Becker

Feb 10, 2011, 2:21:09 PM2/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Darn, I was going to nominate Indrajit for his work on moving the build to SBT. I guess this is my vote for him for next month then :)

Derek

David Pollak

Kajo Marton

Feb 13, 2011, 6:53:14 PM2/13/11
to Lift
And, if I am able to vote and if I have election law :), I am
nominating Jan Raska aka Rusho for his contribution to Lift crypto
lib.
I know this is his first thing, but he did quite extensive research
and he is now very exciting that he could contribute to this awesome
open-source community.

Only for clear voting: He is my colleague :)

thanks for attention.

On 10. Feb, 20:36 h., David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Derek Chen-Becker
> <dchenbec...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Darn, I was going to nominate Indrajit for his work on moving the build to
> > SBT. I guess this is my vote for him for next month then :)
>
> +1
>

> > Derek
>
> Beginning Scalahttp://www.apress.com/book/view/1430219890

David Pollak

Feb 13, 2011, 7:39:24 PM2/13/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Kajo Marton <kajo....@gmail.com> wrote:
And, if I am able to vote and if I have election law :)

Every person on this list has a vote.  The only vote that counts less than the others is mine.  I have a big enough voice on this list that my vote should not count for much.

Peter Robinett

Feb 15, 2011, 11:27:36 AM2/15/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
And me as another vote for Indrajit.

Peter

AGYNAMIX Torsten Uhlmann

Feb 15, 2011, 11:50:49 AM2/15/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Me too. I think he's done a great job and put a lot of effort in.

Am 15.02.2011 um 17:27 schrieb Peter Robinett:

> And me as another vote for Indrajit.
>
> Peter
>

> --

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind Regards,

Torsten Uhlmann

Naftoli Gugenheim

Feb 15, 2011, 1:03:24 PM2/15/11
to liftweb
+1

Ignacio Cases

Feb 15, 2011, 2:34:27 PM2/15/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
+1

Mads Hartmann Jensen

Mar 10, 2011, 11:22:48 AM3/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
** drum roll **

I'm happy to announce that we have a winner for the 4. Happy Lift'r Prize!

** drum roll getting louder **

Please join me in celebrating...

** drum roll getting even louder **

Indrajit Raychaudhuri for his work on moving the Lift code-base to SBT from Maven.

** Wild cheers and shouts of celebration **

Congratulations Indrajit, keep up the great work! :)

David Pollak

Mar 10, 2011, 11:25:29 AM3/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Mads Hartmann Jensen <mad...@gmail.com> wrote:
** drum roll **

I'm happy to announce that we have a winner for the 4. Happy Lift'r Prize!

** drum roll getting louder **

Please join me in celebrating...

** drum roll getting even louder **

Indrajit Raychaudhuri for his work on moving the Lift code-base to SBT from Maven.

Rock on!! Congratulations Indrajit!!

** Wild cheers and shouts of celebration **

Congratulations Indrajit, keep up the great work! :)

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Mar 10, 2011, 1:25:49 PM3/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much everybody!

Being part of this fantastic community is in itself so delightfully rewarding.
This prize, the drum rolls and the wild cheers make things so much sweeter!

In celebration,
Indrajit

Peter Robinett

Mar 10, 2011, 1:54:17 PM3/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Well deserved! Thanks for all the great work!

Derek Chen-Becker

Mar 10, 2011, 2:04:02 PM3/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com, Mads Hartmann Jensen
Congrats! It was a lot of hard work but it's really cleaned things up :)

TylerWeir

Mar 10, 2011, 2:32:23 PM3/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com, Mads Hartmann Jensen
Well deserved!

David Bernard

Mar 10, 2011, 2:44:52 PM3/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Felicitations!

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 20:32, TylerWeir <tyler...@gmail.com> wrote:
Well deserved!

Maarten Koopmans

Mar 13, 2011, 1:26:20 PM3/13/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!

Ignacio Cases

Mar 14, 2011, 5:11:17 AM3/14/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!

Mads Hartmann Jensen

Apr 4, 2011, 5:42:31 AM4/4/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, just a small reminder that no votes have been made for this month - make sure to get your votes in before sunday :)

Thanks,
Mads Hartmann

Ján Raska

Apr 4, 2011, 5:59:01 AM4/4/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
I vote for Dave Whittaker for finding and fixing a bug that caused BooleanField always return false in Squeryl-record. At last I don't have to use workarounds to get a proper boolean value from database :)

Thanks Dave

Maarten Koopmans

Apr 4, 2011, 3:41:49 PM4/4/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
I vote for David Pollak, for building an awesome community and web
framework. And always answering questions, building a great team, ....

David Pollak

Apr 4, 2011, 3:45:11 PM4/4/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Maarten Koopmans <maarten....@gmail.com> wrote:
I vote for David Pollak, for building an awesome community and web
framework. And always answering questions, building a great team, ....

Thanks for the vote... I sincerely appreciate it, but I am not eligible for the prize... it's the only constraint I put on Mads' decision making.

On Monday, April 4, 2011, Ján Raska <ras...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I vote for Dave Whittaker for finding and fixing a bug that caused BooleanField always return false in Squeryl-record. At last I don't have to use workarounds to get a proper boolean value from database :)
>
> Thanks Dave
>
> On Apr 4, 2011, at 11:42 , Mads Hartmann Jensen wrote:
>
>> Hi guys, just a small reminder that no votes have been made for this month - make sure to get your votes in before sunday :)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mads Hartmann

Mads Hartmann Jensen

Apr 10, 2011, 11:22:41 AM4/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
** drum roll **

I'm happy to announce that we have a winner for the 5. Happy Lift'r Prize!

** drum roll getting louder **

Please join me in celebrating...

** drum roll getting even louder **

Dave Whittaker for fixing a bug in Squeryl-record

** Wild cheers and shouts of celebration **

Congratulations Dave, keep up the great work! :)

Derek Chen-Becker

Apr 10, 2011, 11:57:58 AM4/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com, Mads Hartmann Jensen
Congrats!

Kajo Marton

Apr 10, 2011, 1:14:14 PM4/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com, Mads Hartmann Jensen
Thanks for giving this prize to Dave. He did great job in order to help us with this bug.
I'm preparing list of features for Squeryl-Record for Dave to implement ( just kidding :))

thanks Dave for help and David for prize.

Diego Medina

Apr 10, 2011, 11:48:46 PM4/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Congrats!

> --

Diego Medina
Web Developer
http://www.fmpwizard.com

David Whittaker

Apr 11, 2011, 10:24:35 AM4/11/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys. I know my contribution so far has been small, especially compared to previous winners, but I hope to keep the Squeryl integration evolving and prove worthy of the Happy Lift'r title :)

David Pollak

Apr 11, 2011, 11:54:44 AM4/11/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 7:24 AM, David Whittaker <da...@iradix.com> wrote:
Thanks guys. I know my contribution so far has been small, especially compared to previous winners, but I hope to keep the Squeryl integration evolving and prove worthy of the Happy Lift'r title :)

Dude, you're doing a great job in the Lift community!  I really appreciate your hard work and excellent contributions.

Please contact me off-list so we can discuss prize.

Mads Hartmann Jensen

May 10, 2011, 12:52:21 PM5/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

No nominations for this month so no prize :)

Cheers,
Mads Hartmann Jensen

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

May 10, 2011, 2:04:45 PM5/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Wait, I thought someone was... What about this thread: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/liftweb/oTa3YUcKonc/discussion (I realize it wasn't done on the main thread :) )
Thanks,
Antonio

Mads Hartmann Jensen

May 11, 2011, 3:16:33 AM5/11/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Oh, you're right. My bad :) I'll post the usual drom roll mail in a minute then ;)

Thanks for correcting me,
Mads

Mads Hartmann Jensen

May 11, 2011, 3:27:07 AM5/11/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
** drum roll **

I'm happy to announce that we have a winner for the 6. Happy Lift'r Prize!

** drum roll getting louder **

Please join me in celebrating...

** drum roll getting even louder **

David Wasserstrum for providing a perfect example when engaging about a possible bug

** Wild cheers and shouts of celebration **

Congratulations David W, keep up the great work! :)

David Pollak

May 11, 2011, 3:52:26 AM5/11/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 12:27 AM, Mads Hartmann Jensen <mad...@gmail.com> wrote:
** drum roll **

I'm happy to announce that we have a winner for the 6. Happy Lift'r Prize!

** drum roll getting louder **

Please join me in celebrating...

** drum roll getting even louder **

David Wasserstrum for providing a perfect example when engaging about a possible bug

Congratulations.  Please contact me privately to claim your prize!!!

** Wild cheers and shouts of celebration **

Congratulations David W, keep up the great work! :)

TylerWeir

May 11, 2011, 10:41:22 AM5/11/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Go go Dave W!

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

May 11, 2011, 2:56:55 PM5/11/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Congrats, David W!

Derek Chen-Becker

May 11, 2011, 3:43:08 PM5/11/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Congrats, David! Welcome to the pantheon of Happy Lift'rs :)

Derek

Congrats, David W!

David Whittaker

May 11, 2011, 4:06:14 PM5/11/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Congrats David.  I'm happy to be able to pass the torch on to a fellow Dave W :)

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

May 12, 2011, 2:52:03 AM5/12/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations, David W!

- Indrajit

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

May 17, 2011, 12:02:03 PM5/17/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to nominate Joni Freeman for continuing to build on the awesomeness of the coolest JSON library ever.
Thanks,
Antonio

Diego Medina

May 17, 2011, 12:14:25 PM5/17/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Antonio Salazar Cardozo
<savedf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to nominate Joni Freeman for continuing to build on the awesomeness
> of the coolest JSON library ever.

+1

> Thanks,
> Antonio

Ján Raska

May 17, 2011, 12:29:23 PM5/17/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
+1 for Joni :)

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

May 17, 2011, 2:41:51 PM5/17/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Big +1 for Joni!
Attachments:
- smime.p7s

David Pollak

May 18, 2011, 8:08:59 AM5/18/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Okay... I'm going to break my silence on nominating folks for Happy Lift'r because there are some many good answers these days... thus I'm going to nominate a lot, let folks +1 (or not) and let Mads sort it out at the end of the month.

I'd like to nominate Jan for Happy Lift'r for this thread: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/liftweb/Enjw7CGV8Jg/discussion  The answer was a nugget of pure Lift gold and the presentation of the answer was great.
It is loading more messages.