LiftScreen id problem

Tim Nelson

Jan 21, 2011, 5:45:24 PM1/21/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just ran into a problem where LiftScreen adds an id attribute to all Elems of a Field's toForm html. For example checkbox_* uses a hidden element as well as a checkbox element. In LiftScreen.buildFieldLine the curId is added to each element. This is a problem because id's are supposed to be unique and it makes it impossible to use jQuery to select the element.

Could we possibly skip that step? Shouldn't the elements already have an id at that point?

Also, when I was poking around I noticed that uniqueFieldId takes precedence over an existing id attribute, shouldn't this be the other way around?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Nelson

Jan 21, 2011, 6:33:23 PM1/21/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
One other thing; the bit that checks for an existing id attribute should probably be using (x \\ "@id"), it's currently using (x \ "@id") so it never finds it.

Tim Nelson

Jan 26, 2011, 7:23:57 AM1/26/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Does anybody else see this as a problem? Is there another way to select the input using jquery?

Tim

David Pollak

Jan 26, 2011, 9:16:07 AM1/26/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Open a ticket and assign it to me for 2.3-M1

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Blog: http://goodstuff.im
Surf the harmonics

Tim Nelson