Problem following CheatSheet instructions

sanity

Nov 23, 2007, 1:11:49 PM11/23/07
to liftweb
So I'm trying to follow the instructions at:

http://liftweb.net/index.php/HowTo_start_a_new_liftwebapp

Barstow:lift ian$ svn checkout http://liftweb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
liftweb
A liftweb/liftweb
...snip...
A liftweb/liftweb/lift/pom.xml
Checked out revision 387.

Barstow:lift ian$ cd liftweb
Barstow:liftweb ian$ mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO] task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Cannot execute mojo: resources. It requires a project with an
existing pom.xml, but the build is not using one.
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Nov 23 12:07:39 CST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 3M/5M
[INFO]
Barstow:liftweb ian$ ls
liftweb

## Oops, looks like the Cheat Sheet should say "cd liftweb/liftweb"

Barstow:liftweb ian$ cd liftweb
Barstow:liftweb ian$ ls
LICENSE.txt docs new_proj readme.txt scripts wiki
OtherLicensedWorks.txt lift pom.xml script sites
Barstow:liftweb ian$ mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO] Lift
[INFO] Lift Core
[INFO] Lift Example
[INFO] Skittr Example
[INFO] HelloLift
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Lift
[INFO] task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] Ignoring available plugin update: 2.1 as it requires Maven
version 2.0.7
[INFO] Ignoring available plugin update: 2.0 as it requires Maven
version 2.0.7
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The PluginDescriptor for the plugin Plugin [org.scala-
tools:maven-scala-plugin] was not found.
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The PluginDescriptor for the plugin
Plugin [org.scala-tools:maven-scala-plugin] was not found.
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.addPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:
317)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyVersionedPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:
207)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:
171)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
1257)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.bindPluginToLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
1221)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.constructLifecycleMappings(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
987)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
458)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
311)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
278)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
143)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
at
39)
at
25)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:
315)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:
430)
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Nov 23 12:08:00 CST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 2M/4M
[INFO]
Barstow:liftweb ian$

What am I doing wrong?

thanks,

Ian.

saem...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2007, 6:02:10 PM11/23/07
to liftweb
I bet if you check your version of mvn, I think you can do that by
type mvn -version of mvn -v

It will be less that 2.0.7. Taken from your output:

[INFO] Ignoring available plugin update: 2.1 as it requires Maven
version 2.0.7
[INFO] Ignoring available plugin update: 2.0 as it requires Maven
version 2.0.7
[INFO]

I had to upgrade maven last night, when I was giving lift another
whack.

On Nov 23, 10:11 am, sanity <ian.cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I'm trying to follow the instructions at:
>
> http://liftweb.net/index.php/HowTo_start_a_new_liftwebapp
>
> Barstow:lift ian$ svn checkouthttp://liftweb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk

davidrupp

Nov 24, 2007, 2:36:10 PM11/24/07
to liftweb
Hi, Ian.

You checked out the 'trunk' directory and named it 'liftweb'. 'trunk'
has another directory underneath it named 'liftweb'; this is shown in
the svn output:

> A liftweb/liftweb

You can either 'cd liftweb/liftweb' and continue on, or (I prefer this
option) you can change your checkout to:

$ svn co http://liftweb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/liftweb

This will give you a directory named 'liftweb' by default, and you can
cd to that directory and follow the instructions from there.

If I recall correctly, there were a couple other gotchas in those
instructions, due to some directory shifting that has happened since
they were written. You can try the writeup I did at my blog (http://
davidrupp.blogspot.com/2007/10/fun-with-scala-liftweb-getting-
started.html); please let me know if *those* instruction are out-of-
date so I can keep them current. :-)

Regards,
David