Bug with resource lookup in prod mode

Jeppe Nejsum Madsen

Dec 3, 2012, 9:45:33 AM12/3/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Seem to recall a message with similar issues:

When running in prod mode, the resource bundles are cached. This is fine, except they need to be cached per locale. Currently they are cached with whatever locale is first to load a resourcebundle.

I've created https://github.com/lift/framework/issues/1372 and will take a look in the next few days unless someone beats me to it.

/Jeppe

Stefan Bradl

Dec 3, 2012, 9:49:39 AM12/3/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Interesting problem. Is this caching also applied to user-defined ResourceBundleFactories?

2012/12/3 Jeppe Nejsum Madsen <je...@ingolfs.dk>

Code: http://github.com/lift

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Stefan Bradl

Jeppe Nejsum Madsen

Dec 3, 2012, 10:03:38 AM12/3/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Stefan Bradl <bradl...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Interesting problem. Is this caching also applied to user-defined ResourceBundleFactories?

Based on a quick glance, I would say yes. I haven't used RBFs so not sure under what circumstances they are used.

/Jeppe

Stefan Bradl

Dec 3, 2012, 10:08:28 AM12/3/12
to lif...@googlegroups.com
I use ResourceBundleFactories to allow admins of my webapp (WIP) to translate some texts without having to restart the app. So I have default translations in xml-resources and a ResourceBundleFactory
which looks up translations stored in a database. If these translations would be cached my concept would not work. So maybe when someone looks at a solution for the problem mentioned by Jeppe this person
could also take my stuff into account. But maybe this better fits into its own thread...

Diego Medina

Dec 3, 2012, 10:53:44 AM12/3/12
to Lift
Hi, I added a link to this thread on that issue. I was the one who
added the cache in there :(
I may be able to look at this tonight or tomorrow night.

Diego
--
Diego Medina
Lift/Scala Developer