Boot not being executed in 2.6.2

Trav

Jul 2, 2015, 2:24:43 PM7/2/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
I'm attempting to update my application from Lift 2.5 Scala 2.10 to Lift 2.6 Scala 2.11.

We use war deployment.

It doesn't appear that the class bootstrap.liftweb.Boot is being executed.  Is there a new approach or something I'm missing?

Here is Boot.scala

thanks,
-Trav

Vasya Novikov

Jul 2, 2015, 2:35:43 PM7/2/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com, wilh...@gmail.com
Could it be that your launching script has "/target/scala-2.10/"
hardcoded? Is it reproducible within SBT?
--
Vasya Novikov

Trav

Jul 2, 2015, 3:01:59 PM7/2/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com, n1m5-goo...@yandex.ru
We use maven and compile the Lift project into a war which is then deployed into Glassfish.  Anything that doesn't rely on Boot.scala does work, so Lift is running properly, I'm just missing some specialized Loc instances.

Tom MacGahan

Jul 2, 2015, 3:19:14 PM7/2/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com, n1m5-goo...@yandex.ru
I am having a similar issue with Boot.scala not appearing to run, and I operating only out of SBT.  I am wondering when, exactly, Boot.scala should execute, and where errors should be visible that are encountered when trying to run Boot.scala.  I am currently throwing an exception in that block of code and don't see it being reported anywhere, and was hoping I could rule out Boot.scala not executing by finding my exception in the logs somewhere.

Trav

Jul 2, 2015, 4:25:13 PM7/2/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com, n1m5-goo...@yandex.ru
I got this working somehow.  I'm not really sure what I changed that made the difference.

Boot.scala is run right at startup.  I have logging statements in Boot.scala, but they are not being logged into my java logging log.

The Boot class must be in the package bootstrap.liftweb and must have a no argument method called 'boot'.

-Trav

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Jul 3, 2015, 12:18:34 PM7/3/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com, wilh...@gmail.com, n1m5-goo...@yandex.ru
When you saw this, was your Lift app actually booted? As in, if you hit a Lift URI, were
you getting what you expected?

It sounds like the LiftFilter isn't being attached to the container's processing the way it
should be, at a high level.
Thanks,
Anotnio

Tom MacGahan

Jul 8, 2015, 3:16:33 PM7/8/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com, n1m5-goo...@yandex.ru, wilh...@gmail.com
I am hitting a Lift URI and getting static content only.  Can you expand a little bit on where the LiftFilter is typically being attached?  I am still having trouble getting all the details of the stack straight in my brain.

Matt Farmer

Jul 9, 2015, 10:38:04 AM7/9/15
to Lift
There should be a web.xml file under src/main/webapp/WEB-INF that jetty finds and uses to apply the Lift filter.

Here’s an example:

Do you have that in your project?

Matt Farmer Blog | Twitter

Code: http://github.com/lift