Wiki conventions for different versions of Lift

Damian Helme

Sep 15, 2017, 1:10:58 PM9/15/17
to Lift
Hi all,

I am just about to update some of the mongodb pages on the Lift wiki to reflect the latest version of Lift.

E.g. in the page https://app.assembla.com/wiki/show/liftweb/Mongo_Configuration, MongoOptions is deprecated in favour MongoClientOptions (introduced in v2.10 of the mongodb library ... I'm guessing that was updated in Lift 3.x)

Do we have a convention for handling documentation for different versions of Lift? E.g. do we just update the wiki to reflect the latest version and delete info on the older versions? Keep documentation for the different versions in the same page? Have different pages for different versions?

Thanks

Damian.

Diego Medina

Sep 15, 2017, 1:18:17 PM9/15/17
to Lift
It would be great if you could keep the old info, just add a header or something to note it is for an older version, an then add the newer version docs "above" the old one (so new users get the new docs first, and scroll down to see older info).

Thanks for updating docs!

Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Damian Helme