corrections for lift book and starting with lift guide

1 view

Doug H

Mar 13, 2009, 12:31:02 PM3/13/09
to Lift
My post didn't go through to the other group, and one issue is with
the official starting with lift guide on the lift site anyway.

In the lift book under section 1.3

-DarchetypeVersion=0.9 \

can be changed to 1.0

I ran the command from the book and maven downloaded scala 2.7.1 for
some reason. I
eventually deleted the helloword folder, my <home>/.m2 folder and
started all over and scala 2.7.3 was finally downloaded correctly.

Another issue is extra spaces after the backslash (\) at the end of
lines.
I copied the maven command from section 2.2 in the 'starting with
lift' guide: http://liftweb.net/docs/getting_started/mod_master.html

and maven barfed this out. It was because of the extra spaces at the
ends of lines. Apparently only the HTML version of the book had the
extra spaces, not
the pdf.

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range:
-1
at
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.setLength(AbstractStringBuilder.java:
143)
at java.lang.StringBuffer.setLength(StringBuffer.java:153)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli$CLIManager.cleanArgs(MavenCli.java:
824)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli$CLIManager.parse(MavenCli.java:777)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:
315)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:
430)
./newmaven.sh: line 3: -DarchetypeGroupId=net.liftweb: command not
found
./newmaven.sh: line 4: -DarchetypeArtifactId=lift-archetype-basic:
command not found
./newmaven.sh: line 5: -DarchetypeVersion=1.0: command not found
./newmaven.sh: line 6:
-DremoteRepositories=http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases: No such
file
or directory
./newmaven.sh: line 7: -DgroupId=com.liftworkshop: command not found
./newmaven.sh: line 8: -DartifactId=todo: command not found
./newmaven.sh: line 9: -Dversion=0.1-SNAPSHOT: command not found

[...]

Derek Chen-Becker

Mar 13, 2009, 12:48:17 PM3/13/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com, the-li...@googlegroups.com
OK, thanks for sending this. A few things:

  1. The lift book list is moderated for all new members. You should have received a message to this effect when you posted. In any case, I approved you for all future messages
  2. I'll fix the error in section 1.3. I thought we had caught all of these, so I'll double-check and make sure we don't have any others hiding
  3. I have no idea why maven would have downloaded 2.7.1 instead of 2.7.3. If cleaning your local repo and re-running fixed it then I think we can chalk it up to a Maven hiccup
  4. I'll have to look into the extra spaces issue. I had a lot of trouble getting tex4ht to properly convert the document, so this may be a side-effect of some of my hackery. Worst case I could probably post-process with sed to remove trailing spaces.
Thanks,

Derek