In master; ajax and comet doesn't work after page has expired (default 10 min)

Andreas Joseph Krogh

Mar 18, 2015, 3:53:14 AM3/18/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.

We're testing our app with Lift 3 (M5) and are seeing that if for instance a laptop is using the app and we put the laptop to sleep for 15 min, enough time for the 10 minute page-timeout to occure (and all mapped funcs to have been GC'ed), then when we resume the laptop and reload the browser no AJAX or comet request work anymore, resulting in 404 on the server. Note that the session is still OK it's only the AJAX and comet requests which for some reason result in 404. When we logout and re-login, and get a new session, everything works OK again.

This should be reproducable by hibernating your laptop and resuming it after 15 min, while having session-timeout set to 30 min.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Mar 18, 2015, 3:36:24 PM3/18/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
After reloading the browser it doesn't work? Does logging out kill your LiftSession somehow? If you
open the same URL in a new tab or window, are you seeing the same behavior?

This certainly sounds odd, but I haven't tested it locally yet. It sounds like reducing the
LiftRules.unusedFunctionsLifetime should be a good way to reproduce this without needing
15 minute hibernation, if it's related to page function timeouts.
Thanks,
Antonio

Andreas Joseph Krogh

Mar 18, 2015, 7:20:26 PM3/18/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
På onsdag 18. mars 2015 kl. 20:36:24, skrev Antonio Salazar Cardozo <savedf...@gmail.com>:
After reloading the browser it doesn't work? Does logging out kill your LiftSession somehow? If you
open the same URL in a new tab or window, are you seeing the same behavior?

This certainly sounds odd, but I haven't tested it locally yet. It sounds like reducing the
LiftRules.unusedFunctionsLifetime should be a good way to reproduce this without needing
15 minute hibernation, if it's related to page function timeouts.
Thanks,
Antonio

Yes, it happened after reloading the browser/page. I'm logging out by calling Spring Security's logout-URL, which invalidates the session as part of the procedure.

The strange thing is that I cannot reproduce this:-)

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Mar 19, 2015, 2:16:15 PM3/19/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it happened after reloading the browser/page. I'm logging out by calling Spring Security's logout-URL, which invalidates the session as part of the procedure.

The strange thing is that I cannot reproduce this:-)

Ew :(
Antonio