lift-ng API proposed change

j...@joescii.com

Jan 15, 2018, 5:12:25 PM1/15/18
to Lift
Hello fellow Lifters! I'm posting here to get the attention of anyone using the lift-ng module. We have a nice enhancement coming which impacts one of the primary APIs, so I want to make sure everyone in the community has an opportunity to weigh in.

We have an open PR submitted by Bhashit in our community which removes the requirement to extend the NgModel trait in order to have server-side functions with an object input parameter. This is a fantastic update to lift-ng which gets rid of an annoying and unnecessary restriction. Thanks Bhashit!

By getting rid of this trait, we need fewer function signature types on JsObjectFactory and the names of the existing functions don't make sense. Please take a look at the proposal I made on the PR and reply on the PR if you have any feedback.

Thanks!
Joe