Exploring Lift in IntelliJ IDEA

Anton Andriyevskyy

Jul 20, 2011, 3:53:12 PM7/20/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
What is the right way to create IDEA project for https://github.com/lift/framework
I git cloned it, of course, but then I see there is sbt-launch-0.7.7.jar under /project,
there is no sbt.bat like in Lift sample projects in the root, but there are some shell scripts liftsh.

I'm on win7. I first tried liftsh.cmd and it just reports an error:

D:\work\lift>liftsh
java.nio.charset.IllegalCharsetNameException: UTF-8 -Xss8M -Xmx1G -noverify -XX:
+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxPermSize=512M
        at java.nio.charset.Charset.checkName(Unknown Source)
        at java.nio.charset.Charset.lookup2(Unknown Source)
        at java.nio.charset.Charset.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at java.nio.charset.Charset.defaultCharset(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.forOutputStreamWriter(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.PrintStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.System.initializeSystemClass(Unknown Source)

My plan is to launch sbt, add sbt plugin for idea, generate IDEA project files, and finally explore Lift sources in IntelliJ IDEA 10.5.1.

Thanks,
Anton

atta ur rehman

Jul 20, 2011, 5:35:59 PM7/20/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
This sbt-idea plugin for sbt could a be good starting point: https://github.com/mpeltonen/sbt-idea

Anton Andriyevskyy

Jul 21, 2011, 2:07:40 AM7/21/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
As you can see from my original post, I'm aware about https://github.com/mpeltonen/sbt-idea
Unfortunately this does not resolve my problem mentioned above.

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Jul 21, 2011, 4:02:30 AM7/21/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Looks like liftsh.cmd is broken. I'll get hold of a Windows box and look into it

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Jul 21, 2011, 4:08:03 AM7/21/11
to Lift

Meanwhile, you can try a modified liftsh.cmd with this minimal
oneliner:
java -jar "%~dp0\project\sbt-launch-0.7.7.jar" %*

- Indrajit

Let me know if this helps.