[ANN] Announcing Lift 3.0.2 and 3.1.1

Matt Farmer

Sep 16, 2017, 12:12:52 AM9/16/17
to Lift
Hey all,

Wanted to also let you all know that we've release two bugfix releases tonight: one to Lift 3.0.2 and Lift 3.1.1. Here's a brief description of the bugs that were fixed in both. Please let us know if you run into any issues with these new builds!

Thanks,
Matt

  • Consider LiftRules.cometCreation when building comets. This LiftRule became ignored by accident during the great comet upgrade of the 3.0 release. We've added the line back that was missing, and plan to back-port this fix to the 3.0 and the 3.1 series.
  • Provide context path to session reload handler. There was a subtle change in behavior in Lift 3.0 that caused bad things to happen when a Lift application was deployed under a context path in an application server (so, somewhere other than /) and that Lift application detected that the comet session had disappeared. In previous versions of Lift this would just reload the page. In Lift 3.0, we changed that behavior to take you to the root of your application. However, / is not always the root of the application. Now, we'll properly consider the context path when detecting what URL to send you to. This is, as always, customizable with LiftRules.noCometSessionCmd.

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Sep 17, 2017, 11:38:54 AM9/17/17
to Lift
Thanks for backporting these Matt! Definitely nice to have the oversights fixed in
the earlier versions ❤️
Antonio

Diego Medina

Sep 17, 2017, 5:13:00 PM9/17/17
to Lift
Thanks for taking care of backporting these!

Code: http://github.com/lift

---