Scala 2.8 error, vscaladoc

Timothy Perrett

Jun 22, 2010, 3:31:47 PM6/22/10
to Lift
Hey all,

I see this error when running mvn scala:doc in the 2.8 RC6 branch

at
39)
at
25)
at
org_scala_tools_maven_executions.MainHelper.runMain(MainHelper.java:
151)
at
org_scala_tools_maven_executions.MainWithArgsInFile.main(MainWithArgsInFile.java:
26)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/runtime/BoxedArray
at org.scala_tools.vscaladoc.Main.main(Main.scala)
... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: scala.runtime.BoxedArray
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:
301)
... 7 more

The build is however successful... any ideas?

David Bernard

Jun 22, 2010, 3:40:13 PM6/22/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
vscaladoc was compiled with scala 2.7 and failed to run for scala 2.8
based project.
Updating vscaladoc to scaladoc2 is on my todo-list (like lot of stuff).

Timothy Perrett

Jun 22, 2010, 3:55:51 PM6/22/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
I suspected as much :-)

Thanks David, I look forward to the 2.8 compatible version.

Cheers, Tim

David Pollak

Jun 22, 2010, 4:46:52 PM6/22/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 12:40 PM, David Bernard <david.be...@gmail.com> wrote:
vscaladoc was compiled with scala 2.7 and failed to run for scala 2.8
based project.
Updating vscaladoc to scaladoc2 is on my todo-list (like lot of stuff).

Do you have a place where you're collecting feature requests for VScalaDoc?

After talking to a fair number of Scala/Lift newbies, I've been building a model of how Scala documentation needs differs from Java documentation needs.  It'd be great to have a dialog someplace to learn how others see an ideal Scala documentation tool and ideal Scala documentation output and use that to information the next version of your most excellent tool.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Blog: http://goodstuff.im
Surf the harmonics

David Bernard

Jun 22, 2010, 5:34:49 PM6/22/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com

you could post request on github http://github.com/davidB/vscaladoc/issue (I'm not sur of the last part of url, I'don't have browser open)

> After talking to a fair number of Scala/Lift newbies, I've been building
> a model of how Scala documentation needs differs from Java documentation
> needs. It'd be great to have a dialog someplace to learn how others see
> an ideal Scala documentation tool and ideal Scala documentation output

there is no mailing-list, use scala-tools mailing-list with [vscaladoc] as subject prefix seems fine.
My cuurent high level roadmap (start dev in july, and could change) :
v1.3 : port current version (1.2-m1) to scaladoc2 (=> support scala 2.8)
v1.4 : bug fixe, additional features (to be define)
v2.0 : try an experimental, output doc as json data file, and use a client (gwt based ?) for rendering
use of json/client is simplify doc aggregation, cross ref,...

But let begin by v1.3
I'm open to any suggestion, needs,...

> and use that to information the next version of your most excellent tool.

I thought it was maven-scala-plugin ;-)

/davidB

> <mailto:lif...@googlegroups.com>.

> liftweb+u...@googlegroups.com