Liftweb 3.0 KSPs

Henrik Härkönen

Sep 9, 2016, 7:44:25 AM9/9/16
to Lift
Hi!

I've been asked to demo Liftweb among our work community, as we have this weekly session where everyone can introduce different techniques and other interesting stuff. I've been building my stuff so far with version 2.6 and
am starting to get familiar with that, but I was wondering about the upcoming 3.0 version. What are the "key selling points" for that one, should that bring up in my presentation / demo?

-Henrik

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Sep 9, 2016, 3:06:31 PM9/9/16
to Lift
Here's a few:

 - Baked in Content-Security-Policy support.
 - Improved support for lazy-loading and comet-AJAX interactions.
 - Built-in support for streaming a lazy Stream of data to the client.
 - Built-in support for client-bound functions that call into the server.
 - Improved JSON serialization performance (up to 90% faster).
 - Deep support for Future and LAFuture, both in REST responses
   and on the right-hand-side of CSS selector binds.
 - Ability to trigger Lift snippets via custom `data-*` attributes.

Thanks,
Antonio

Henrik Härkönen

Sep 10, 2016, 2:31:18 AM9/10/16
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Antonio, this is very good list. Interesting!

-Henrik

Code: http://github.com/lift

---