Minimalized common AST for JSON

Matt Farmer

Jul 29, 2015, 8:06:02 PM7/29/15
to Lift

This is from Matthew de Detrich – he posted the following in an issue. Closed the issue and am forwarding it into the ML for discussion.

I’m a bit under the weather today so I may not get around to looking at it myself, but it looks interesting. The idea of unifying the AST across lift-json and other libraries seems like it could remove some barriers to using Lift and, in the long term, may solve problems that projects like dispatch find having to support the multiple, popular JSON libraries.

Here are Matthew’s remarks:

============

Some time ago, major web frameworks such as lift/spray, as well as typesafe were interested in adopting a minimalized AST of json4s, in an attempt to establish a common json AST to be used by scala libraries.

At JSON4s we have recently begun reviving this effort. So far we have received input/contributions from current major players (https://github.com/non/jawnhttp://spray.io/https://github.com/lift/frameworkhttps://github.com/propensive/rapture-jsonhttps://github.com/json4s/json4shttp://www.scala-sbt.org/ as well as others)

If you are interested, we would be glad to have your input either at gitter (json4s/json4s) or you can comment directly on the pull request (https://github.com/mdedetrich/json4s-ast/tree/reboot) and issues (https://github.com/json4s/json4s-ast/issues).

Matt Farmer Blog | Twitter

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Jul 29, 2015, 10:51:57 PM7/29/15
to Lift, ma...@frmr.me, ma...@frmr.me
Whoops, looks like Matthew also posted shortly after you forwarded this; let's discuss
on his email since he's probably not subscribed to the list but we'll probably want him
to see replies.
Thanks,
Antonio

Matthew de Detrich

Jul 30, 2015, 9:21:39 AM7/30/15
to Lift, ma...@frmr.me
Just letting you guys know, that I did try and post about this issue here, but the post hasn't come up in the mailing list. More than happy to discuss it here though

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Jul 30, 2015, 9:29:44 AM7/30/15
to Lift, mdede...@gmail.com, ma...@frmr.me, mdede...@gmail.com
Should be in the list now; I approved it for posting yesterday.
Thanks,
Antonio