Security vulnerability in PasswordField of lift-mongoauth

Tim Nelson

Feb 26, 2018, 12:28:03 PM2/26/18
to Lift
Dear community,

I recently found out there is a security vulnerability in the version of jBcrypt that the PasswordField in lift-mongoauth uses.

I published v1.3.1 today that upgrades jBcrypt to v0.4. Please upgrade if you are using the PasswordField in lift-mongoauth.

Thanks,
Tim

Riccardo Sirigu

Feb 27, 2018, 6:48:33 AM2/27/18
to Lift
Thank you Tim

Diego Medina

Feb 27, 2018, 7:14:10 AM2/27/18
to Lift
Thanks for taking care of it!

Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Feb 27, 2018, 12:43:04 PM2/27/18
to Lift
Tim, is this something we need to pull into Lift proper? We seem to have a copy of
the jBCrypt code in Lift (guessing this predates it being available as a maven artifact).
Thanks,
Antonio

Tim Nelson

Feb 28, 2018, 4:37:48 AM2/28/18
to Lift
It looks like it does need to be fixed in Lift itself. I didn't realize we had copied that code. I was testing out Snyk when I found it, but Lift was clean, so I didn't check into it further.

Tim