Milestones

Richard Dallaway

Nov 1, 2011, 5:48:00 AM11/1/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi Indrajit

The milestone in Assembla for the 2.4-M5 is out of date.  I don't know if anyone looks at them (other than me), but if they do maybe we should push them into the future a bit.

Cheers
Richard

Francois

Nov 2, 2011, 10:10:51 AM11/2/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com

On the same idea, is there a timeframe for 2.4-M5 or 2.4 finale ?
For example, if I have a project to be ship for end of November (and I
would like to at least use a milestone version), should I try to go with
2.4-M5 or stay with 2.4-M4 ?

Thanks,

--
Francois ARMAND
http://fanf42.blogspot.com

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Nov 3, 2011, 9:33:46 AM11/3/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

It's about time to push M5 out. I was intending to make this the last milestone for M5 (or even make it RC1 if there is a consensus) and push out 2.4 release end November or early December.

So how about something like this:
- Push out 2.4-M5 next wednesday (11/09) making it the last 2.4 milestone, even renaming it RC1 if nobody objects
- Outstanding fixed that don't make it (and other discovered issues) get rolled into another RC exact a week after that (11/16)
- Keep iterating multiple RC's for subsequent 2 or 3 weeks
- Release 2.4 end of November (11/30) or the wednesday after that (12/07)

This means issues/features/bugs targeted for 2.4 has to make it by around 11/13.

Feel free to sound out if this looks acceptable, unrealistic or anything in-between :)

Cheers, Indrajit

> --
> Lift, the simply functional web framework: http://liftweb.net
> Code: http://github.com/lift
> Discussion: http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb
> Stuck? Help us help you: https://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/liftweb/Posting_example_code

Jeppe Nejsum Madsen

Nov 4, 2011, 4:21:24 AM11/4/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Indrajit Raychaudhuri <indr...@gmail.com> writes:

> Folks,
>
> It's about time to push M5 out. I was intending to make this the last milestone for M5 (or even make it RC1 if there is a consensus) and push out 2.4 release end November or early December.
>
> So how about something like this:
> - Push out 2.4-M5 next wednesday (11/09) making it the last 2.4 milestone, even renaming it RC1 if nobody objects
> - Outstanding fixed that don't make it (and other discovered issues) get rolled into another RC exact a week after that (11/16)
> - Keep iterating multiple RC's for subsequent 2 or 3 weeks
> - Release 2.4 end of November (11/30) or the wednesday after that (12/07)
>
> This means issues/features/bugs targeted for 2.4 has to make it by around 11/13.
>
> Feel free to sound out if this looks acceptable, unrealistic or anything in-between :)

Sounds good.

/Jeppe