[ANN] Lift 3.2.0-RC1

Matt Farmer

Dec 16, 2017, 12:31:36 PM12/16/17
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hello Liftians,

The Lift Committers and Contributors are pleased to announce the release of Lift 3.2.0-RC1. This is the first (and hopefully only) release candidate for the 3.2.0 series of Lift. We encourage all users of Lift to take this out for a spin as soon as possible and report back here with how it works for you.

The big headline feature for this release is Comet Rehydration which allows comets on a page to survive a Lift app server restart without requiring a full page reload. You can read all about it in the release notes.

Speaking of which, you can find the release notes here: https://github.com/lift/framework/releases/tag/3.2.0-RC1-release

I’ll be updating the website and API docs momentarily.

Please do let us know how it works!
Matt

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Dec 17, 2017, 9:14:22 PM12/17/17
to Lift
Phenomenal work putting this together, especially big props to Joe. He took some really early
hacky work I did 6 or 7 years ago and put it together into an actual feature. Big props, as the
original code was very, very nasty :)

Thanks for rolling the RC out in a timely fashion Matt!
Thanks,
Antonio

Matt Farmer

Jan 9, 2018, 2:15:04 PM1/9/18
to Lift
Howdy, all,

I haven’t heard any feedback here. Has anyone taken the RC out for a spin that could validate how it’s working?

Cheers,
Matt

Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Andreas Joseph Krogh

Jan 9, 2018, 4:15:38 PM1/9/18
to lif...@googlegroups.com
På tirsdag 09. januar 2018 kl. 20:14:56, skrev Matt Farmer <ma...@frmr.me>:
Howdy, all,

I haven’t heard any feedback here. Has anyone taken the RC out for a spin that could validate how it’s working?

Too busy doing application-coding, sorry...

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Joe Barnes

Jan 11, 2018, 11:39:31 AM1/11/18
to lif...@googlegroups.com
I haven't, but I'm glad you asked. I'll give it a go today or tomorrow.

Joe

/**
 * Joe Barnes
 * Owner/Principal Consultant, joescii, llc
 */

Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Joe Barnes

Jan 15, 2018, 5:39:08 PM1/15/18
to lif...@googlegroups.com
It took me a longer than expected, but RC1 looks good for the PRs we merged for clustering!

Joe

/**
 * Joe Barnes
 * Owner/Principal Consultant, joescii, llc
 */

Matt Farmer

Jan 18, 2018, 10:34:44 PM1/18/18
to Lift
I, too, smoke tested it on an app that I use and things looked fine.

I’d like to get some other +1’s from folks before declaring it final, though.

Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Dave Price

Jan 19, 2018, 12:38:59 PM1/19/18
to Lift
I also tested one of our apps with RC1 and everything worked fine.

Dave
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to liftweb+u...@googlegroups.com.

Matt Farmer

Jan 23, 2018, 10:25:13 AM1/23/18
to Lift
Okay then,

Barring objections from other committers I’ll cut the final release of Lift 3.2.0 this Friday.

Cheers,
Matt

Matt Farmer

Jan 27, 2018, 11:29:22 AM1/27/18
to Lift
A little bit delayed because life, but I’m starting the 3.2.0 release today!