Failure getCause / exceptionChain ?

Francois

Jan 24, 2011, 6:04:53 PM1/24/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,

For debugging/logging purpose, I commonly have to find the root cause of
a Failure.
When it is an exception and the failure is composed, I miss something
like "messageChain" but which allows to find the deeper exception of the
composition.

It is rather easy to build the list of Failure in a composed Failure
with a little recursion and then find the first exception (if exists),
but it would be even cooler if it was a built-in method of Failure,
something like:
Failure#exceptionChain : List[Throwable] (deeper first ?)
or
Failure#getCause : Option[Throwable] (only the deepest ?)

What do thing ? How do you log / debug composed Failure caused by
exception ?

Thanks,

--
Francois ARMAND
http://fanf42.blogspot.com

David Pollak

Jan 24, 2011, 6:24:11 PM1/24/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Please open a ticket

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Blog: http://goodstuff.im
Surf the harmonics

Francois

Jan 24, 2011, 6:58:20 PM1/24/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On 25/01/2011 00:24, David Pollak wrote:
> Please open a ticket

Done:
https://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/tickets/861-exceptionchain-or-getcause-for-failure