Help with PocketChange project

Xavi Ramirez

Apr 12, 2009, 5:21:42 PM4/12/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've started reading through Exploring Lift and I'm having trouble
with running the PocketChange demo. I've ran the following commands:

git clone git://github.com/tjweir/pocketchangeapp.git
cd to PocketChange directory
mvn install
mvn jetty:run -U

When the jetty server starts, the following two errors appear:

2009-04-12 17:05:47.728::INFO: No Transaction manager found - if your
webapp requires one, please configure one.
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the
hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting
TCP/IP connections.
at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:122)
at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:65)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:116)
at org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:30)

ERROR - Failed to Boot
java.lang.NullPointerException: Looking for Connection Identifier
ConnectionIdentifier(lift) but failed to find either a JNDI data
source with the name lift or a lift connection manager with the
correct name
at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$$anonfun$3$$anonfun$apply$7.apply(DB.scala:95)
at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$$anonfun$3$$anonfun$apply$7.apply(DB.scala:95)
at net.liftweb.util.EmptyBox.openOr(Box.scala:372)
at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$$anonfun$3.apply(DB.scala:95)

Is there a step I'm missing?

Thanks,
Xavi

TylerWeir

Apr 12, 2009, 7:15:41 PM4/12/09
to Lift
It's probably better to send PocketChange questions to the Lift Book
list, which is here
http://groups.google.com/group/the-lift-book/

And there is a thread regarding your issue here:
http://groups.google.com/group/the-lift-book/browse_frm/thread/7791a6f79654d568

If you open Boot.scala, you'll see that we're using Postgres as a
database. You'll need to change that to suit your set-up.