Scala 2-11

ti com

Mar 27, 2014, 5:15:30 AM3/27/14
to liftweb

Hello. I want to know if lift is going to be on the list of projects built for scala 2.11 rc 3? Is it already built? Or is it going to wait until its released.
Thank you!!

Vasya Novikov

Mar 27, 2014, 6:35:30 AM3/27/14
to lif...@googlegroups.com
I'd be glad to see a 2.11.0 version, too :)
> --
> --
> Lift, the simply functional web framework: http://liftweb.net
> Code: http://github.com/lift
> Discussion: http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb
> Stuck? Help us help you:
> https://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/liftweb/Posting_example_code
>
> ---
> Groups "Lift" group.
> an email to liftweb+u...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:liftweb+u...@googlegroups.com>.

ti com

Mar 29, 2014, 9:59:33 PM3/29/14
to liftweb

By the way it would be very if there will be a rc built because if there is a compiler error that was not a deprecation before, it is a regression in scala and they can fix it before they release 2.11.

Thank you !

On Mar 27, 2014 6:35 AM, "Vasya Novikov" <n1m5-goo...@yandex.ru> wrote:
I'd be glad to see a 2.11.0 version, too :)

ti com

Apr 17, 2014, 12:17:03 PM4/17/14
to liftweb

Hello, just wondering if there is any news of the plan of this?

Matt Farmer

Apr 18, 2014, 3:31:29 PM4/18/14
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Sorry nobody got back to you yet.

I, for one, will not be making any moves toward building Lift for 2.11.0 until it's released. Even then we may opt to wait a few weeks and see if anything comes out in the wash. I know when 2.10.0 came out I had a lot of frustrations trying to update a few different apps to use it and kept getting errors where the compiler just fell over and printed my source to the screen. (lol)

TL;DR I'm not going to push for a 2.11 edition of Lift until 2.11 is done. Someone else on the committer team might, though.

On Mar 29, 2014 9:59 PM, "ti com" <tic...@gmail.com> wrote:

By the way it would be very if there will be a rc built because if there is a compiler error that was not a deprecation before, it is a regression in scala and they can fix it before they release 2.11.

Thank you !

On Mar 27, 2014 6:35 AM, "Vasya Novikov" <n1m5-goo...@yandex.ru> wrote:
I'd be glad to see a 2.11.0 version, too :)

Vasya Novikov

Apr 21, 2014, 5:49:30 AM4/21/14
to lif...@googlegroups.com
scalaJs talk:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/scala-js/3NM9ZTwwQ5E

> Any chance I could get a 2.11 version of the tools too? =)

> Ah, no, not in 0.4.x, because we used Lift JSON to parse JSON files,
but it's not (yet) published for Scala 2.11, so we can't publish the
tools for 2.11 either.
> In 0.5 we've removed this dependency and use a Java library for that
purpose (which is not tight a Scala binary version):
https://github.com/scala-js/scala-js/commit/b1c8c857745a575dca8ff64e92edd65fe51eb70c
> Although we've not yet updated the build to publish the tools for
2.11 on 0.5, we can easily do that.

> So it's either wait for 0.5, or wait until Lift JSON is published for
2.11 (then we can back-publish the tools of 0.4.3 for whatever version
they publish).

Marcos Iriarte

Apr 21, 2014, 4:19:12 PM4/21/14
to lif...@googlegroups.com

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Apr 21, 2014, 4:47:13 PM4/21/14
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Yep, we saw that. There are some hangups around lift-json's scalaz 6 support which we're working through atm (Scalaz 6 doesn't seem to be built for 2.11).
Thanks,
Antonio