[ANN] We're no longer using scala.text.Document in lift-json.

Matt Farmer

Aug 20, 2015, 12:51:02 PM8/20/15
to Lift
Hey folks,

I just a quick note to let everyone know PR 1710 just went in. This nukes our use of the deprecated scala.text.Document and, along with it, unifies our rendering pipeline for JSON into a StringBuffer based approach that should be much faster for pretty and compact rendering alike.

Your code will only break if you interacted with the Document class directly. If you were just doing things like compact(render(…)) your code will continue to compile, but you’ll get warnings advising you to change your code. That seems to be how most people interacted with it, and Document has been deprecated for awhile now. So, net-net, the upgrade path for people coming straight from 2.6.x should be pretty smooth.

Let me know if you have any questions, but with this we nuked a ton of warnings from the lift-json compile cycle. Yay!

Cheers,

Matt Farmer Blog | Twitter

Andreas Joseph Krogh

Aug 20, 2015, 3:06:30 PM8/20/15