MalformedURLException in HttpResponse.xml

Channing Walton

Aug 3, 2009, 5:07:35 PM8/3/09
to Lift
Hi,
I was using the testkit and HttpResponse.xml which was all good. But
after updating to the snapshot release yesterday I now get this
exception:

at com.casualmiracles.smokesignals.integration.FunctionalRestSpec.main
(FunctionalRestTest.scala)
Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: <?xml
version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ok></ok>

at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:567)
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464)
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity
(XMLEntityManager.java:968)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion
(XMLVersionDetector.java:184)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse
(XML11Configuration.java:798)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse
(XML11Configuration.java:764)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse
(XMLParser.java:148)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse
(AbstractSAXParser.java:1242)
at scala.xml.parsing.FactoryAdapter.loadXML(FactoryAdapter.scala:292)
at scala.xml.parsing.NoBindingFactoryAdapter.loadXML
(NoBindingFactoryAdapter.scala:60)
at scala.xml.XML$.load(XML.scala:72)
at net.liftweb.http.testing.HttpResponse.xml(TestFramework.scala:281)

I notice there was a recent change in HttpResponse:
http://github.com/dpp/liftweb/commit/63e746032ced85d49257898f16fc38b0f553f482

Perhaps my xml response of <ok/> is not good?

Channing

David Pollak

Aug 3, 2009, 6:58:30 PM8/3/09
to lif...@googlegroups.com
D'oh.... we were hitting that one as well.

Fixed.
Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp

Channing Walton