Teaching old dogs new tricks - async operations support for MongoRecord and Lift Rogue

Marek Żebrowski

Mar 18, 2016, 3:18:55 PM3/18/16
to Lift
Hi,
  I'm stuck with Lift 2.6, but world moves forward and new technologies appear. I updated Lift 2.6 and Rogue to support mongo-3.2 with both blocking driver and async driver.

Lift-2.6 updated to new drivers with async ops: https://github.com/sgrouples/framework/tree/mongo-dep-update

Maybe someone in Lift community is interested in implementing such things in upstream Lift, or porting similar features to current Lift ?

Tim Nelson

Mar 19, 2016, 4:55:23 AM3/19/16
to Lift
Hi Marek,

Thanks for sharing this.

Unfortunately, we can't upgrade the mongo-java-driver in Lift until 3.1 as I had to make some deprecations in 3.0 to pave the way for that. So, once 3.0 is out the door I will upgrade the mongo-driver to 3.2 and then I'll look into adding async support at that point.

Tim