Anyone playing with Scala.js/React.js?

Joe Barnes

Aug 17, 2015, 5:59:09 PM8/17/15
to Lift
At Scala By The Bay this weekend, I got into some conversations with folks using Scala.js and I'm curious if anyone here in the Lift community has been playing with it.  Those of you who follow my blog know I've been musing around about how to make a web framework that can seamlessly render either on the server or client.  I'd be curious if I can compile our CssSel stuff into JS and do updates by rendering on the client.  There is already a lot of work done to do React.js in Scala.  Maybe I can marry Lift's approach to templates with React.

Joe

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Aug 18, 2015, 1:30:18 PM8/18/15
to Lift
Matt and I have had a lot of conversations about applying Lift's approach to
binding to React—I believe he has some prototype code that uses Lift CSS
selectors to apply React bindings or something of the sort.
Thanks,
Antonio

Vitaliy L

Sep 24, 2015, 8:50:58 AM9/24/15
to Lift
Hi Joe,

Did you get any results of react scala.js and liftweb married?

Joe Barnes

Sep 24, 2015, 4:10:26 PM9/24/15
to lif...@googlegroups.com
No, I didn't hear anything other that that bit from Antonio.  Let me know if you decide to play with it.  I have some ideas I want to try, but I haven't had time to put any time into it yet.

Joe

Code: http://github.com/lift

---

Matt Farmer

Sep 26, 2015, 3:14:25 PM9/26/15
to Lift
Sorry I'm just now following up here. I do have a prototype I've been playing with, but so far it's just not mature enough to publish at this point. I'm still at the phase of trying to parse bindings to some sort of DSL and haven't had any time to dedicate to it. heh.

I decided that I didn't understand react enough to finish it just yet so I've been trying to find an excuse to play with it, but haven't yet.