Default ajax-loader.gif location

48 vues

Henrik Härkönen

non lue,
15 sept. 2017, 01:12:4815/09/2017
à Lift
Yo!

I've noticed that for the integrated lazy-loading snippet, the location of the default ajax-loading.gif in the framework code is "/images/ajax-loader.gif" (also in http package), but
all the template projects I've used so far have that image bundled under "/assets/images/", so there's an incompatibility issue with that one.

Should the framework default path be changed to reflect the convention to place images under assets, or the template projects to have images directly under webapp root?'
Would make a bit smoother "OOBE" with lazy loading. :D

I can make PRs for the change, but I don't know which way to go. :) Initial gut feeling is to prefer assets -based approach with images, css and js, so the framework would be updated.
What do you think?

Thanks,
Henrik.

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

non lue,
15 sept. 2017, 14:32:4315/09/2017
à Lift
I would much rather have this be configurable… Right now we just hardcode it, which is
kind of ~. At minimum we should provide a central place to set a default for the app; ideally,
we should probably provide a place to calculate an asset path from an asset name or
something of the sort.
Thanks,
Antonio

Henrik Härkönen

non lue,
16 sept. 2017, 03:21:1216/09/2017
à Lift
Configuration would be good, yes... Perhaps we could have a property (I guess that's the standard jvm way?) for the asset root and under that there would be
convention based set of stuff, like the ajax-loader image etc?

Maybe there's some good approaches somewhere, have to check what's available...

-Henrik

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

non lue,
17 sept. 2017, 07:14:1717/09/2017
à Lift
Could you file an issue for this on GitHub please?
Thanks,
Antonio

Henrik Härkönen

non lue,