Multiplayer Support?

Ryan Burmeister

Dec 4, 2012, 7:27:29 PM12/4/12
to libzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Really like this a lot, looks like a great package to start coding a little game.  I'm curious, and I realize this has just been released, and it's also a difficult feature, but are you planning any small scale multiplayer support?

Chris Klimas

Dec 4, 2012, 9:42:12 PM12/4/12
to libzo...@googlegroups.com
That would be crazy useful but more than a little scary to code for me... if there are any networking geniuses out there listening, I would be totally welcoming to someone contributing code :). In the meantime, you may want to take a look at (ahem) LUBE: https://love2d.org/wiki/LUBE. I've never used it but I see it mentioned a lot when people talk about networking with LOVE.

chris

Ryan Burmeister

Dec 4, 2012, 11:08:44 PM12/4/12
to libzo...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I can imagine with physics it would require objects to be handled differently, and a very smart network coder to put together a way of interpolating the movements (if this was even included).  I am definitely not that guy.  LUBE looks cool though, it's definitely a start.  Sweet name too :p.  Appreciate the quick response.  If you're curious at all I am coming from Stencyl annoyed with its endless bugs and ready for the challenge of coding for myself.  Saw Zoetrope on the Indiegames blog and figured I'd give it a shot.