When to invoke fortuna_add_entropy

zz11...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2017, 5:07:38 AM12/5/17
to LibTom Projects
I am using fortuna prng to generate random bytes.
I invoke fortuna_add_entropy 32 times before fortuna_ready.
But when should i call fortuna_add_entropy again?
I read the paper and google a lot, but i can't find the answer.

Steffen Jaeckel

Dec 6, 2017, 6:54:37 PM12/6/17
to lib...@googlegroups.com, zz11...@gmail.com
I guess you should re-read the paper. It's written in there.

On 12/05/2017 11:07 AM, zz11...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am using fortuna prng to generate random bytes.
> I invoke *fortuna_add_entropy* 32 times before *fortuna_ready*.
> But when should i call *fortuna_add_entropy* again?
> I read the paper and google a lot, but i can't find the answer.
>
> --
> *** Please reply-to-all at all times ***
> *** (do not pretend to know who is subscribed and who is not) ***
> *** Please avoid top-posting. ***
> ---

Steffen Jaeckel - s_ja...@gmx.de
GnuPG fingerprint: C438 6A23 7ED4 3A47 5541 B942 7B2C D0DD 4BCF F59B
My OTR key has changed on 30. Sept. 2015!
jabber: jae...@jabber.ccc.de F052DE29 4FA9A02D 44A794E5 AE5AC0FB C5865C64