Question about this step: "select the OpenWRT firmware that you downloaded in step 1."

Matt Poyner

Apr 12, 2017, 11:11:09 AM4/12/17
to LibraryBox
Before this step, we're instructed to place the firmware and "install" folder onto the USB stick.

So I assume that I'm supposed to find the firmware on the USB stick instead of on my laptop? But I'm not sure how to browse the USB stick when trying to select the firmware to install. I can't find the option to do that. Instead, it wants me to select the firmware from my laptop.

I know this is a very basic question, but I don't want to proceed with this and brick the 3040s that I'm setting up.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jason Griffey

Apr 12, 2017, 11:20:16 AM4/12/17
to LibraryBox

No, sorry....you can just select it from the laptop. The instructions tell you to copy it to the USB because in case of a problem, it's sometimes easier to restore from there.

You can just select the version on your laptop.

Jason

Matt Poyner