Is it possible to get the time from a client?

Jeff Gregory

Feb 29, 2016, 11:04:43 AM2/29/16
to LibraryBox
Hello,

I have created a simple optional comment form that people can fill out if they have visited the Librarybox. I would like to timestamp each response, I can get it to work using the time from the MR-3040 but this is never accurate and so would like to pull the time off the client device when they hit submit on the form. Is this possible?

Thanks

Jeff Gregory

Jason Griffey

Feb 29, 2016, 11:17:32 AM2/29/16
to LibraryBox

So one of our contributors put in code much like that for the statistics system...the commit where he added it is this one:

Take a look...

Jason

Matthias Strubel

Feb 29, 2016, 11:42:10 AM2/29/16
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
technically it is possible as Jason pointed out.

On the development version of PirateBox, there is the possibility to enable the usage of the client side timestamp for the chat. .. so there is some code available, which must be specially adjusted for LibraryBox.

Matthias