Where to edit HTML

Mike Beganyi

Feb 10, 2017, 4:21:21 PM2/10/17
to LibraryBox
I'm using my LibraryBox (purchased) for teaching SKP and other digital design tools.
I tried to change the HTML for the main landing page - I wanted the text / categories to be 'Resources', 'Samples', 'Plugins', etc...

I got the HTML changed (I went through index and all other pages I thought could be affected), and it looks good in preview - but when I go live with it after saving it and replacing the SD card into the router and booting up - students (and myself) still see the old text. We can still get to the content by hitting the link that takes us to the main directory - but I'd rather be able to have the site self explanatory.

Am I missing where else to change the code?

Jason Griffey

Feb 10, 2017, 4:37:01 PM2/10/17
to LibraryBox

Yep. That's a holdover of the auto-translation software...it's "translating" your changes back to the English in the English language file.

The right way to fix would be to make the changes in that file as well (also in the /content folder, but I forget the subfolder name and don't have a box in front of me). The fast way would be to just delete the class markup on the changes html tags so they don't get replaced by the JavaScript.

Jason

jeph300

Feb 25, 2017, 7:24:11 PM2/25/17
to LibraryBox

Go in this folder /Content/locales. Edit data.en.properties(for English), modify the text file depending on your need. Modify the text after the = for each value.
-----Text to edit------
commonNavbarHome = Home
commonNavbarText = Text
commonNavbarAudio = Audio
commonNavbarVideo = Video
commonNavbarApps = Apps
commonNavbarAll = All Content
commonNavbarStats = Statistics

Replace Text by Ressources, Audio by Samples and Video by Plugins.

Was that helpful?

Mike Beganyi

Feb 27, 2017, 1:52:52 PM2/27/17
to LibraryBox
Thanks jeph300 - I'll give it a go before my next class... thing is I would rather it just read the HTML file in one place...