Running Librarybox on larger storage devices (External Hard drives)

Knight47

Dec 21, 2016, 8:07:03 AM12/21/16
to LibraryBox
 Hello ,
            After my first encounter with the Librarybox project on http://makezine.com I was curious about running Librarybox on my old Toshiba 150 GB external hard drive.Haven read  Jack and Matthias topic "What is the largest storage device you have successfully used? "  ,I tried formatting my 150GB external hard drive into fat32 file system and made a  copy of all contents of a running Librarybox which I placed into the
Toshiba 150 GB external hard drive but Librarybox unable to run on the drive.Can anyone help-out with some advice ?

Thanks.

Matthias Strubel

Dec 21, 2016, 8:12:08 AM12/21/16
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
you need to take care to have at least one partition on the harddisk.

Especially on newer windows versions, these OS tend to directly format an USB Stick or an USB HDD.
Where is the difference?

In Linux you see directly formatted devices as  /dev/sda only, while a proper partition table and formatting of the partition is visible as /dev/sda1

LibraryBox and PirateBox is looking for /dev/sda1 only.

So you need to take care and make sure you create a primary partition on you usb hard disk

best regards
Matthias

kecheng ashu

Dec 21, 2016, 8:19:32 AM12/21/16
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthias,
Is your advice to partition the drive and do it on linux? Please kindly send me a DIY checklist on how to go about we this.

Thanks.
Knight47

Matthias Strubel

Dec 21, 2016, 8:36:03 AM12/21/16