Trouble with shared File System in version 2.1

rfs...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2016, 10:53:42 AM10/10/16
to LibraryBox
Hello.  Great project!

Using version 2.1. on MR3040.

Loaded a bunch on mp3's into audio folder...no problem.

Added a subdirectory to audio folder with mp3's...no problem.

Added a bunch more subdirectories with files into audio, text, and video folders, and now get an error -->  "error updating table with counter 1 array" when attempting to play an audio file.  Attempting to play a text file gives "error updating table with count 3 array", and etc.

How deep can one go with subfolders in the file system?
Are there file types that should not be added to the file system?
Is there a list of acceptable files to use with the file system?

Once the error occurred I deleted all of the files I added, getting empty folders in the shared file system.  The router does not respond appropriately...I am essentially locked out.

So, I plan a reinstall, but would appreciate any comments.

Thanx.  Richard

Jason Griffey

Oct 10, 2016, 11:05:59 AM10/10/16
to LibraryBox

Hey Richard!

If you could let me know more specifically what a "bunch more" might look like (dozens? Hundreds? How many subfolders? Files in each?) I'll do some testing on my end tonight. I'll say that's not an error I've ever seen, and I've done lots of testing for this sort of thing.

Do the MP3s have non-roman character names?

Also, when you say you deleted things in the Shared folder....you didn't delete other things on the USB, did you? Just the folders inside /Shared? If thats the case, the links on the web interface won't work, but it shouldn't do anything to the system itself. This sounds like....well, it sounds like there's something else going on.

Throw more info my way and I'll test and see what I can figure out.

Jason

Kevin Steen

Oct 10, 2016, 11:14:19 AM10/10/16
to libra...@googlegroups.com
On 10/10/16 15:53, rfs...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello. Great project!
>
> Using version 2.1. on MR3040.
>
> Loaded a bunch on mp3's into audio folder...no problem.
>
> Added a subdirectory to audio folder with mp3's...no problem.
>
> Added a bunch more subdirectories with files into audio, text, and video
> folders, and now get an error --> "*error updating table with counter 1
> array*" when attempting to play an audio file. Attempting to play a
> text file gives "error updating table with count 3 array", and etc.

Some characters need to be avoided in file names and folder names, as
the scripts can't handle them. Watch out for apostrophes ('), quotes
("), the dollar sign ($) and maybe others.

> Once the error occurred I deleted all of the files I added, getting
> empty folders in the shared file system. The router does not respond
> appropriately...I am essentially locked out.
>
> So, I plan a reinstall, but would appreciate any comments.

You may be able to avoid a re-install by powering off, plugging the USB
drive into a GNU/linux computer and deleting the errant files or
folders. Plug the USB drive back into the MR3040 before powering on again.

-Kevin

Matthias Strubel

Oct 10, 2016, 1:00:59 PM10/10/16
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Richard,
in case you want to reflash the box, if you are running 2.1 - the easiest way is:

 * power everything off,
 * Take USB stick to your computer
 * Remove and copy over a new instance of the install folder
 * Remove the LibraryBox Folder
 * Create a folder called "auto_flash"
 * Place the openwrt bin file corresponding to your device into the auto_flash folder
 * Savely remove the USB and put it back to the LibraryBox
 * Power the LbiraryBox on
 * Go and get some coffee, tea and a cake
 * ???
 * Profit

Then you can do the finalizing steps ;)

best regards Matthias

rfs...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2016, 2:50:41 PM10/10/16
to LibraryBox
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I loaded 6-7gb of data onto a 32gb thumb drive, much of it in subfolders under the different share folders that LibraryBox provides.  Some subfolders contained over a 100 entries.  The files were gif, mp3, mp4, pdf, etc.  I will check for "bad" characters in the file names I added.

I deleted all of my files from the folders in the shared section.  I did not delete the shared folders.

So, once I had trouble with one router, I pulled the usb drive, deleted all of the files, and copied over all the files from the 2nd working router (which did not have any of my added files/folders)...but it did not work.  I was unable to connect to the router.

Once I reconfigure the routers, I will post my results.

Matthias Strubel

Oct 10, 2016, 3:42:49 PM10/10/16
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hey Richard,
keep in mind to power the devices off and on for working with the USB devices ;)

Matthias

rfs...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2016, 11:02:35 AM10/11/16
to LibraryBox
Reloaded - seems to be working ok now.
Approx. 1-2 gb data loaded.
I will pay particular attention to files names as I load more data.
Thanx for all of the input!

Regards...Richard.