Re: Digest for librarybox@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Jay Clark

Oct 30, 2014, 4:14:51 PM10/30/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthais,
I started with a working MR3040 LibraryBox with a 16GB Cruzer Fit. I then copied all of the files (using Windows Explorer) to the root of a 500GB USB 3.0 portable HDD. There were other folders and files still left in the root of the disk.

I haven't messed with it yet again, so I don't know what the partition scheme is on the hdd.

~Jay

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 10:34 AM, <libra...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Jay Clark <runleve...@gmail.com>: Oct 29 08:46AM -0700

Practically-speaking, could I use a portable USB 2.0 HDD instead of a USB
flash drive? My thinking is that 500GB sounds a lot nicer than 32 GB - 64
GB (cost-effective max), and I already have a 500GB drive laying around.

I tried with a 500GB USB 3.0 drive, but it didn't quite work (maybe because
of the power requirements for USB 3.0?), and the drive doesn't have an A/C
charger/power port. I have other smaller USB 2.0 drives I could try...

I'm using the TP-Link TL-MR3040 - and I tried it both powered and
battery-only (same result: the SSID OpenWrt appeared but it wouldn't hand
me an IP address).

~Jay

On Friday, August 15, 2014 11:27:53 AM UTC-6, Jason Griffey wrote:
Matthias Strubel <kurven...@googlemail.com>: Oct 29 04:54PM +0100

Jay, the MR3040 has less power output then the MR3020.
The point is, that even with the same specs, some USB Stick doesn't work on
the MR3040 which work on the MR3020.
.. So power output can be one reason.

Another reason can be partitioning. It seems that not even your
installation started, when it shows you the SSID "OpenWrt" ... or you
messed something else up ? ;)

Matthias